Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hate to do it but it needs to be done!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
greenie
So anyway...

This exfriend of mine , (he goes by JSaum) comes by my work today, says that he can't get his car ready for the Ramble.

I'm tired of this shit!

The guy has owned his car and has been working on it since 2003 and has never gotten it off of Jackstands. Every year it's some tired excuse for why he needs to hitch a ride, borrow parts or take care of some unforeseen mechanical defect.

He is always asking me for money, life advice or potential explanations for why he cannot satisfy women. sheeplove.gif

I gave him some tough luv today, said that he"just needs to get it on the ground" and make his way to Medford!

He started up with the " my carbs aren't tuned" and "maybe next year" bullshit.

I'm done. headbang.gif
rohar
That's cold man. You can't just tell a teener owner he has to give up his jack stands. They're a huge part of our lives! Removing them is much like taking a child's security blanket from him.

You get anywhere near my jack stands and bad things will happen to you. Bad things...
jcambo7
Just curious what the point of this post is? confused24.gif
championgt1
Hey, at least his tranny got rebuilt at Dr. Evils clinic!
KELTY360
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 17 2011, 09:26 PM) *

Just curious what the point of this post is? confused24.gif

Sadly, I think he's just an angry guy and he's taking his frustrations out on others. I mean, he can't even put his 914 on jackstands for all the Christmas ornaments stacked around it. Good thing he's got a rotissiere so he can roll it on it's side. I pity him.

Click to view attachment

Actually, I pity The General. She has to live with him. slap.gif stirthepot.gif
messix
QUOTE(greenie @ Jun 17 2011, 08:52 PM) *

So anyway...

This exfriend of mine , (he goes by JSaum) comes by my work today, says that he can't get his car ready for the Ramble.

I'm tired of this shit!

The guy has owned his car and has been working on it since 2003 and has never gotten it off of Jackstands. Every year it's some tired excuse for why he needs to hitch a ride, borrow parts or take care of some unforeseen mechanical defect.

He is always asking me for money, life advice or potential explanations for why he cannot satisfy women. sheeplove.gif

I gave him some tough luv today, said that he"just needs to get it on the ground" and make his way to Medford!

He started up with the " my carbs aren't tuned" and "maybe next year" bullshit.

I'm done. headbang.gif

my friend greenie,

you are just too much of a caring person and get taking advantage of and taken for granted.

you need to be more like me.... a hard ass!

i see guys like jsalm and can pin them as being jackstand posers. these guys just like to buy a car put them on jack stands and then talk all about what they're "gonna" do to this car. it never ends and they will never actually drive the car!

i have no time for posers like him and will shun him on sight.

associating your self with this poser will damage your reputation in the 914 community, so i suggest you cut all ties with him as soon as possible
Lou W
Nice shoes.

popcorn[1].gif
JRust
There may be just a little sarcasm by Greenie there. Laced with a try at motivation to get his car off stands.

Anyone who knows Greenie ought to know he can't give advice on pleasing women poke.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Mark Henry
Take the jack stands out from under his teen, put them under his DD, then pleasure his woman and finally drive away in your 914 yelling na na na-na na.
jaxdream
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 18 2011, 04:28 AM) *

Take the jack stands out from under his teen, put them under his DD, then pleasure his woman and finally drive away in your 914 yelling na na na-na na.

agree.gif
happy11.gif av-943.gif happy11.gif av-943.gif happy11.gif

Jack
carr914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 18 2011, 01:35 AM) *

Anyone who knows Greenie ought to know he can't give advice on pleasing women

lol-2.gif
McMark
Carb tuning tech session? happy11.gif
jsaum
Well first off I will be soon be posting a poll suggesting a name change from Greenie to Meanie! Mr Greenie/Meanie should get his facts straight, what some people call procrastination others call careful planning! We all know Greenie attended the same motivational school that teaches water boarding and electroshock therapy as gentle positive reinforcement! I too have been questioning Greenie's friendship, if he was a true friend wouldn't he have offered to help me remove those jack stands he spoke of?

And yes we've all heard the urban myth of how he removed and installed his engine all in the time frame of a Sea Hawks game just to wax and polish the engine tin and bolt heads! And while most of us die hard teeners were busy one weekend last month rebuilding our transmissions, where was Greenie, I believe he was at some type of day spa getting a pedicure and facial! So I ask Greenie, true friend or not?

Jsaum
MDG
Well, as always, two sides to the story. The initial points made by Greenie/Meanie seemed valid and supporting his side seemed the obvious choice.

But, seriously? A day spa for waxing and a pedicure? ohmy.gif

This could get ugly fast.
rjames
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 18 2011, 11:35 AM) *

Well, as always, two sides to the story. The initial points made by Greenie/Meanie seemed valid and supporting his side seemed the obvious choice.

But, seriously? A day spa for waxing and a pedicure? ohmy.gif

This could get ugly fast.

One can only hope that there are no pictures of the event!
messix
for those of you that have not met "Greenie" in person, you should know that a "certain" amount of personal maintenance is required!

how ever the "poser" Jsaum... well he just needs to walk the talk!

carefull planning!!!!???? av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
messix
and i might add that Mr Greenie came through for me one saturday when i needed a set of valve cover gaskets, and i had my car running the next day.... thats how you get things done.

hot_shoe914
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
aircooledtechguy
Carbs not being tuned is no excuse a pretty lame excuse about the lamest excuse I've ever heard if that's all your ride needs. poke.gif I know a guy here that has a shop and would be happy to help a brutha out getting his carbs tuned either Monday or Tuesday (your choice). He goes by the name "aircooledtechguy" and has a shop in Anacortes. Call me!

Push, pull or drag that thing up here and we'll make you road worthy for the trip. . . That is if that's all it really needs.

popcorn[1].gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 17 2011, 10:20 PM) *

Man, am I glad my son had his back turned for this photo!! Having him even "loosely connected" with Greenie, could cost him future career opportunities!! lol-2.gif av-943.gif poke.gif
greenie
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 18 2011, 10:19 AM) *

Carbs not being tuned is no excuse a pretty lame excuse about the lamest excuse I've ever heard if that's all your ride needs. poke.gif I know a guy here that has a shop and would be happy to help a brutha out getting his carbs tuned either Monday or Tuesday (your choice). He goes by the name "aircooledtechguy" and has a shop in Anacortes. Call me!

Push, pull or drag that thing up here and we'll make you road worthy for the trip. . . That is if that's all it really needs.

popcorn[1].gif

You are a true gentleman!

Talking with Mr. Saum earlier it appears that he he has run into another (excuse) unforeseen mechanical difficulty.

Like I said I'm offering up some "tough Luv" and from his over the top response to my post (lashing out at me like he has done) he is not likely to make the Ramble this or any other year.

I think this little episode will just shine a light on my many frustrating years trying to help this guy.
sixnotfour
Everyone needs tough luv every now and then, But holy cow,,,
meaniegreenie,

and Troy how long did youre 914 sit before you got the above mentioned assgaskets ?

OK I am biased a bit JSaum did give me some cash.
PeeGreen 914
blink.gif

MDG
I'm compelled to point out our 18 year COTM contestant Parker; from a non-running hulk to a prom date ride in just over . . . wait for it . . one year.

I'd say we'd send him out to help get this one going but he is currently writing quantum physics exams.

I know this sounds like I am on Greenie's side. Motivation IS always a good thing.

Still, the full body lasering and cucumber bath kinda creeps me out.
KELTY360
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 18 2011, 01:53 PM) *

I'm compelled to point out our 18 year COTM contestant Parker; from a non-running hulk to a prom date ride in just over . . . wait for it . . one year.

I'd say we'd send him out to help get this one going but he is currently writing quantum physics exams.

I know this sounds like I am on Greenie's side. Motivation IS always a good thing.

Still, the full body lasering and cucumber bath kinda creeps me out.

Maybe if Jsaum had a prom date.......
PanelBilly
You can tell when the weather changes from sunny (that's a non-raining day here) to rainy. The natives get restless
r_towle
I think a mediation or intervention may be needed.
Call the General.

Rich
messix
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 18 2011, 12:42 PM) *

Everyone needs tough luv every now and then, But holy cow,,,
meaniegreenie,

and Troy how long did youre 914 sit before you got the above mentioned assgaskets ?

OK I am biased a bit JSaum did give me some cash.

only the cold months.....
i think being laid up with a broken/and torn to hell ankle for most of the past year had something to do with it.

danger boy slap.gif
IronHillRestorations
Hey Man, there's those golf shoes!
silver74insocal
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 18 2011, 07:24 PM) *

I think a mediation or intervention may be needed.
Call the General.

Rich

um if that's the general, where do i enlist? chowtime.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 18 2011, 06:56 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 18 2011, 01:35 AM) *

Anyone who knows Greenie ought to know he can't give advice on pleasing women

lol-2.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
jmill
Easy on the shoes. They go with the purse European shoulder bag.
sixnotfour
As long as your Bagging on fellow 914 owners , How about this guy ?
He even works at a bodyshop stirthepot.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=92536&hl=
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(jmill @ Jun 19 2011, 10:23 AM) *

Easy on the shoes. They go with the purse European shoulder bag.

Hey, That's my helmet bag sad.gif

happy11.gif
sixnotfour
Well I might as well include myself as I have to let Jon down because I cant finish his wheels in time for WCR, my recent escapades have let my lung to susceptible to pneumonia. sad.gif
Doctors Orders almost the same as Generals orders.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 19 2011, 02:21 PM) *

Well I might as well include myself as I have to let Jon down because I cant finish his wheels in time for WCR, my recent escapades have let my lung to susceptible to pneumonia. sad.gif
Doctors Orders almost the same as Generals orders.

You're not letting me down. I just want you to recover fully from this. I know what it's like to be kept down from stuff like this and it's no fun. Just get better Jeff beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
I sent you a PM with options, that will get you 15x7's asap.
Good news I have the inventory. driving.gif
Dr Evil
GENERAL

TITTIES! Sorry, what's this thread about? confused24.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 19 2011, 07:58 PM) *

GENERAL

TITTIES! Sorry, what's this thread about? confused24.gif

Dunno but it always comes back to them . . those .. this - I mean this!! THIS dammit.

*sigh* unsure.gif
KELTY360
That Greenie is one obsessed mutha. First he calls out JSaum, then he really needs my lift to change his brake pads but the only way to access it was to get my 914 on wheels again. You all know how overbearing he gets, well this was no different; bullying me to diagnose my non-start issue and get the car out of the way. He persisted for most of the afternoon, unwilling to give up till it started. Finally a spade connection on the starter was determined to be on the wrong terminal and it fired!

Now he's happy because he can come back during the week and get his car ready for WCR. I was so glad when the car started, cause it meant I didn't have to put up with his BS anymore today. But of course, he'll be back. headbang.gif biggrin.gif
NORD

Mark When Greenie calls tell him I'm using the lift up at my place and

it may not be back till this time next year. I don't have jack stands

and you are just helping me out happy11.gif

I'm trying to get ready for WCR 2012
KELTY360
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 19 2011, 07:57 PM) *

You do realize the mooch will be on your doorstep don't you? Good luck with that. stirthepot.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 19 2011, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 19 2011, 07:57 PM) *

You do realize the mooch will be on your doorstep don't you? Good luck with that. stirthepot.gif

Darn, I was hoping MeanieGreanie was going to bring over the Carrera donor car and strip it. sawzall-smiley.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.