Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Northeast 914 Summer Rally and BBQ July 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
AndyB
Ok fellow Northeastern Teeners there will be a Drive and BBQ on the 16th of July 2011. We will be linking up at Tangerine Racing HQ's and going for a 2 hour "Scenic Drive" through Racer Chris' backyard. Upon completion of the Drive we will partaketh in good grub. This is not to be confused with CFR's Biannual get together thats next year. This is just the Northeastern Teeners getting together for no reason at all. Racer Chris has mapped it out and it looks like a nice drive. Post here is you are going to be in attendance. It is also encouraged to bring a dish to pass a long. If you are traveling more that 5 hours I would not recomend brining a cold dish smile.gif
AndyB
Racer Chris should be posting some pics of the route and the BBQ area
ChrisFoley
The link is a google maps page I created. The route covers 53 miles, includes 5 "special stages" and 6 "transit stages". Most of the drive will be forested semi-residential countryside. Just past halfway we'll take a break at the UConn Dairy Bar.

Rally Route

BTW, this topic was started at 914Club sometime ago, so a good deal of the planning is already in place.
bembry
This sounds fun--Tentatively in!
AndyB
icon_bump.gif
ChrisFoley
Some pics of our destination for the barbeque: Stonehaven

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Porschef
OK, I'm in. Mom's tater salad in adequate supply will ride along. Looking forward to it.

Car's running good.

Joe
914itis
Count me in.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(porscheless @ Jun 21 2011, 09:58 PM) *

Mom's tater salad in adequate supply will ride along. Looking forward to it.

smilie_pokal.gif
should go well with the official alcoholic beverage of the event:

Click to view attachment

beer3.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 21 2011, 07:17 PM) *

Some pics of our destination for the barbeque: Stonehaven

Hmm...that place looks very familiar. laugh.gif

I guess the 914 will have to be put back together for the 16th. smile.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 21 2011, 08:17 PM) *

This is the designated camping area for anyone who wants to stay over Saturday night. I'll make sure the grass is mowed nice and short right beforehand.
And for a nominal price, there'll be a bacon and eggs breakfast Sunday morning on the patio. chowtime.gif
ChrisFoley
Who's bringing the baked beans?
AndyB
Scott is biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
Over the weekend I had a chance to drive on the two sections of our route which had been torn up for resurfacing.
All paved, all good! driving.gif
ChrisFoley
I did a google search for "motels near 06043". This is the results page:
Motel Search

All the popular hotel chains are represented in the area.
The only one I would say to avoid is the Manchester Inn, downtown.
Americas Best Value Inn, Motel6 and Hojo Express look like they have low rates. For some reason the Baymont doesn't have any vacancy for those dates?
Ed mentioned the Ashford Motel which is a half hour ride from my house but is right off I84 heading towards Massachusetts.
For people traveling from/to the west, there's also a Ramada right off I84 in East Hartford. That's gonna be $100 or so.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Jun 26 2011, 07:44 AM) *

Scott is biggrin.gif

Mmm, mmm, mmm-mmm-mmm...

Jasfsmith
I've booked my room and plan to make the 5 hour trip from Bangor, Maine. Traveling on Friday to be fresh for Saturday's meet. Most 914's I've seen in one place was 13, sure would like to up that number by a dozen!
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jun 28 2011, 09:16 AM) *

I've booked my room and plan to make the 5 hour trip from Bangor, Maine. Traveling on Friday to be fresh for Saturday's meet. Most 914's I've seen in one place was 13, sure would like to up that number by a dozen!

what hotel did you choose? Are you staying saturay night as well?
Jasfsmith
Comfort Inn in Vernon, CT. Yes I plan to stay Saturday night as well.
rwilner
All us northerners should caravan down together.
AndyB
Just like Hershey Iam expecting to be a caravan of one dry.gif
scott_in_nh
If anybody coming has a working early tach (silver button center) that they would trade for a working late tach (black center) bring it with you please!
ChrisFoley
I had a little brainwave earlier today.
Rather than have people drive around for two hours with cold food in their trunk, I'll plan on having "someone" ferry everything to the house directly from the shop in the morning.

BTW, it would be helpful if everyone brings one folding chair. We only have about a dozen outdoor chairs available at home.
rmital
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 29 2011, 05:27 PM) *

I had a little brainwave earlier today.
Rather than have people drive around for two hours with cold food in their trunk, I'll plan on having "someone" ferry everything to the house directly from the shop in the morning.

BTW, it would be helpful if everyone brings one folding chair. We only have about a dozen outdoor chairs available at home.

dam good idea...and yes on always having a fold up chair for outtings.
AndyB
2 weeks out piratenanner.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Jul 1 2011, 06:14 AM) *

And I'm going up on jackstands while you are coming down off them!

Wheel bearings and exhaust leak.

I am still looking at getting new tires on the Mahles and I also should replace the fuel hose in the engine compartment and I'd feel better with a new fuel pump...

The pressure is on - wish me luck! smile.gif
AndyB
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 1 2011, 08:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Jul 1 2011, 06:14 AM) *

And I'm going up on jackstands while you are coming down off them!

Wheel bearings and exhaust leak.

I am still looking at getting new tires on the Mahles and I also should replace the fuel hose in the engine compartment and I'd feel better with a new fuel pump...

The pressure is on - wish me luck! smile.gif

Never used jackstands I used ramps smile.gif I did not want the car to get used to them
ChrisFoley
I had some fun Monday night testing a few of the "sparklers" I bought for the 16th. smile.gif
People are welcome to bring something to supplement my small ground display as long as it isn't too loud. blowup.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Jul 1 2011, 08:48 AM) *

Never used jackstands I used ramps smile.gif I did not want the car to get used to them

I'd pay to watch you try to do wheel bearings on ramps! lol-2.gif

People are welcome to bring something to supplement my small ground display as long as it isn't too loud.

I'm thinking about hitting an "after the 4th sale" at one of the local fireworks emporiums, but I've been busting the budget a touch getting ready for the rally so it could be anything from more sparklers and bottle rockets to a nice pre-packaged "kit"!
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 19 2011, 03:11 PM) *

The link is a google maps page I created. The route covers 53 miles, includes 5 "special stages" and 6 "transit stages". Most of the drive will be forested semi-residential countryside. Just past halfway we'll take a break at the UConn Dairy Bar.

Rally Route

BTW, this topic was started at 914Club sometime ago, so a good deal of the planning is already in place.

I'll be flying alone. Wife can't get off of work (just as well she screams at me to much when we rally). Either I'll have to pickup a sleezy hitchhiker to navigate for the rallye, or I'll need to borrow someone's (sleezy) wife.

Any offers?

Should I behave and run the rally alone?
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 7 2011, 10:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 19 2011, 03:11 PM) *

Rally Route

I'll be flying alone. Wife can't get off of work (just as well she screams at me to much when we rally). Either I'll have to pickup a sleezy hitchhiker to navigate for the rallye, or I'll need to borrow someone's (sleezy) wife.

Any offers?

Should I behave and run the rally alone?

I believe this is a "follow the leader" format, not a TSD Rallye, but feel free to bring whatever "company" makes you happy.
ChrisFoley
Yup, co-drivers are optional for this event.
I only called it a rally because I like that better than "tour". smile.gif
We may have some people looking for a ride though.
rwilner
I'll be driving solo and am happy to take someone along for the ride, although they will have to be narrow-butted to fit into the konig seat smile.gif
ChrisFoley
One week away.
2 weeks ago I sent out an email to quite a few 914 people in the northeast, some of whom are on the forums. Sent a snail mail to about 10 more who don't use the internet afaik.
I got about 5 affirmed from my emails so far, and a few unable to attend.
I expect more RSVPs soon. smile.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 8 2011, 09:05 AM) *

One week away.
2 weeks ago I sent out an email to quite a few 914 people in the northeast, some of whom are on the forums. Sent a snail mail to about 10 more who don't use the internet afaik.

Chris, what do you expect for a total turn out?
AndyB
Come on HotShoe you can make it smile.gif
914itis
Anyone with a good windshield that i can pick up up there?
Porschef
I'm still in..
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rwilner @ Jul 8 2011, 09:08 AM) *

One week away.

30 people?
bembry
Crap--I had something come up and can't make it. I still need to find a time to make it out there in the future though.
Porschef
QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 8 2011, 08:35 PM) *

Crap--I had something come up and can't make it. I still need to find a time to make it out there in the future though.

Darn,

Hoping to see one of Mark's 2056's.
AndyB
6 days
guywan914
Count me in Chris, I made the first long distance trek to Lime Rock this past weekend and the car was awesome. Looking forward to the "rally". Chris I will try to drop off some folding chairs. Can I drop them by the shop?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(guywan914 @ Jul 10 2011, 05:09 PM) *

Chris I will try to drop off some folding chairs. Can I drop them by the shop?

Sure. smile.gif
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 8 2011, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(rwilner @ Jul 8 2011, 09:08 AM) *

One week away.

30 people?

Excellent!!
guywan914
QUOTE(porscheless @ Jul 8 2011, 04:44 PM) *

QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 8 2011, 08:35 PM) *

Darn,

Hoping to see one of Mark's 2056's.

There will be a 2316 there piratenanner.gif
djm914-6
I'm trying to schedule time to be there. I also need to make sure I trust the 914.

oh, and I'm kissing up to the wife to make her famous whoopi pies.
Porschef
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 11 2011, 09:37 PM) *

I'm trying to schedule time to be there. I also need to make sure I trust the 914.

oh, and I'm kissing up to the wife to make her famous whoopi pies.

I'm tryin' to get the wife to make some whoopi too but it's not workin out so good.
AndyB
icon_bump.gif Its this weekend weather forcast is looking good
ChrisFoley
agree.gif

Is anyone bringing corn on the cob? chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.