Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just picked my car up from the shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeSpraggi
Picked up my car from the shop just as they were closing this evening. Going to Watkins Glen in the morning for three days of PCA DE. I stopped to get a bite to eat at the corner so about 30 minutes later I start to drive home. 2nd, 3rd ..... ugh! 3rd .... 3rd ... 5th. Couldn't get it into 4th. On the highway same thing except when I downshifted I pushed it into 4th with a bit of effort. No grinding, the gearing felt right. Upshifting though it's feels like something just stopping it from going easily into 4th. Once in my driveway at a standstill, I can get it into 4th but there is a strong resistance as I move it into gear. It's dark outside right now so I'll take a look in the AM. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Oh yea, it's a sideshifter.
Dave_Darling
Clutch tube interfering with the bottom side of the gear shift lever? You can take a look through the shifter base to see if the lever contacts the tube.

--DD
campbellcj
If it's the clutch tube you may be able to feel and hear the broken tube moving as the shift rod pushes it aside. Bummer, I hope you figure it out for your event!
MikeSpraggi
Thanks all. I'll take a look in the morning.
John
I was having a PITA time shifting my track car and it turned out to be the shift coupling bushings (one was completely missing).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.