Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Trunk Hood Holders...Interest?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
cha914
Cool...I will be in for at least one set...maybe two.

Tony
GWN7
By the way, what is the preferred way of mounting the front clips? Rivets (per the original) or nuts and bolts? I have a boken one with a pair of new white nylon on standby.

My fronts (in my cars) use bolts...10mm if I remember correctly.

Wait till the beta testers have a chance to look at them before ordering. I think they are great, but I want a independant voice to say yea or nay. That way I'll be sure everyone is happy with what they get.

You can still post here if your interested in them so I have an idea how many he will have to make. When I'm sure it's a done deal I'll post the payment/shipping details ect.
Air_Cooled_Nut
The fact that you can get them in different colors is great! A sample of each color, though, would be nice. I like the all-black set (black goes with anything biggrin.gif ).
Mark Henry
Even though mine are OK, I'd be in for a set.

I'll tell Mike...I'll bet he'll want a dozen sets or more.

Let me know when you start taking orders.

beerchug.gif
Farmer Ted
I'm in for a full set!

WooHoo!! Post #1!
neo914-6
GWN7,
I'm in for a red set. Make sure you post in "914 Resources, Parts and Products" once you have prices and details.
Thanks for making these! What's next? idea.gif
Felix
GWN7
What's next?  
Felix

There was some discussion about metal foglight grills a few months ago.... someone with a CNC machine was going to look into that.......if not, I know a guy with a metal casting forge who could make them and then have them chromed.

Mabey we should have a NLA thread......wasn't there a type of front spoiler/dam that was hard to non existant to find? I'm sure with a sample of the proper spoiler/dam, the guy who is doing the trunk pieces could make those.

Last time a 914 pillow was up on Ebay I quit bidding when it reached $100. It went for $171 Those would be nice, but you would need to reverse enginer those. A 914 Club pillow. smile.gif
neo914-6
WTF is a
914 pillow
and why did someone pay 171 for it?

NLA thread

Good one, I have some ideas but need to do more research on tooling...

Since you are connected to plastic manufacturing, how about Saratoga top repros. I hear those go for over $1000.

Felix
GaroldShaffer
I will take a set of rears please, black!
tracks914
I'm in for a set of rears. (but I'll only pay you in Canadian dollars, what ever that works out to be laugh.gif )
Aaron Cox
set of four please (black). ill put em on my daily driver- need another beta tester???? please biggrin.gif
SpecialK
Two sets (black)......Danke!
GWN7
WTF is a QUOTE  
914 pillow  
and why did someone pay 171 for it?

It's a pillow shaped like a 914. A company (now out of business) was making them in San Diego back in the 70's I believe. There are a few members who have one (or two) in their collectables stash.

To make new ones you would have to get one and take it apart to get the sewing pattern. Then photograph it while flat to get the silkscreen impressions. Then photoshop in "914world.com" to the silkscreen pattern. Have them silkscreened and then cut out, stuffed and sewn together. The original could be resewn back together.
tracks914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 24 2004, 03:21 PM)

It's a pillow shaped like a 914. A company (now out of business) was making them in San Diego back in the 70's I believe. There are a few members who have one (or two) in their collectables stash.

To make new ones you would have to get one and take it apart to get the sewing pattern. Then photograph it while flat to get the silkscreen impressions. Then photoshop in "914world.com" to the silkscreen pattern. Have them silkscreened and then cut out, stuffed and sewn together. The original could be resewn back together.

Show me a picture.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
GWN7
If I had one I'd show you biggrin.gif

A search on ebay under compleated items came up with no results......the last one was sold over 4 months ago.....

Mabey someone "saved" the pictures of it? wink.gif
GWN7
ok here.....this is someones collection...
GWN7
and the one that went for $171+.....

I tryed tracking down the manufactures of these to see if they had any NOS, but no luck.
Brad Roberts
Good job Bruce. This is something we will want to sell through the Ecomm here on this site. Keep that guy warmed up.

B
GaroldShaffer
So Bruce, is this the offical order these thread?
GWN7
Wait till the Beta testers have a look......I'll start another thread here to let everyone know they are available and post in the Resources Section details of shipping , ect.

They are going out Monday (USPS) so you should have their decision by Friday on how they look/feel.

These aren't CW pieces (might be in the future), but are made out of better material than the originals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.