Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914.SBC
Again, sitll new to the World so have been thinking out loud with questions I do not know answers to.

I have been told my 70 914 is a Euro car. What does that mean. I have checked the fenders and there is absolutely no evidence of weld or filler where the side markers go. I also have the 914 VW emblem on the back. There is no weld or filler on the back side either. Would the VIN divulge if I have a Euro car (still dont know what that even means or signifies).

914.SBC
QUOTE(esses62 @ Jun 25 2011, 02:04 PM) *

European model versus US or ROW rest of world model

there are slight differences such as compression ratio and trim welcome.png

Does having a Euro model increaes / decrease the value of the car at all?
barada
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Jun 25 2011, 04:57 PM) *

Again, sitll new to the World so have been thinking out loud with questions I do not know answers to.

I have been told my 70 914 is a Euro car. What does that mean. I have checked the fenders and there is absolutely no evidence of weld or filler where the side markers go. I also have the 914 VW emblem on the back. There is no weld or filler on the back side either. Would the VIN divulge if I have a Euro car (still dont know what that even means or signifies).

welcome.png

Now show some pics. Especially of the rear emblem.
Tom_T

IIRC it's US or Euro/ROW model.

Your engine case would show a ROW engine code (see the engine nos. at the 914 info link at the top of the page), no side front side markers (& not "shaved" or filled in), no "PORSCHE" on the engine lid grill, VW-Porsche logo badge at the rear panel, probably no VIN label in the driver rear door jamb - since that compliance sticker was only required by DOT on US cars, maybe a few other diffs.

However, lots could've changed by POs on any of the above.

Call PCNA next week during EDT business hours with your VIN, select Customer Care & COA options, & ask for a preliminary check on what their records for VINs show. If you want to get a COA for it, then joining PCA saves you something like $20 - so about half the PCA $42/yr. (plus 2 magazines per year & 20% discounts at dealers a few times per year - worth the toll IMHO).
Tom_T
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Jun 25 2011, 02:06 PM) *

Does having a Euro model increaes / decrease the value of the car at all?

Only if it's an unmolested & all original model - more so on 914-6's, but it may still have a bit more cachet even as a clean & original Euro/ROW 914/4.

PS - about 50-60% of all 914s went to the USA & about 50-60% of those went to CA - so a Euro/ROW version is less common by numbers, which is why Euro-land folks look to the US to buy them & ship back to Europe & the UK.
ewdysar
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Jun 25 2011, 01:57 PM) *

IIRC your car is a V8 conversion, so "euro" doesn't mean much anymore. The visible differences would be the rear light lenses with yellow/orange outer turnsignals and front marker lights with a clear portion at the bottom.
914.SBC
QUOTE(ewdysar @ Jun 26 2011, 12:29 AM) *

QUOTE(914.SBC @ Jun 25 2011, 01:57 PM) *

IIRC your car is a V8 conversion, so "euro" doesn't mean much anymore. The visible differences would be the rear light lenses with yellow/orange outer turnsignals and front marker lights with a clear portion at the bottom.

Hmm, based on the description, I would tend to believe mine is a Euro as I have all the items you listed. I was more curious than anything since I dont know much about the 914 and its history. It is interesting about what the one member said of the majority of the 914's being sold in Cali, etc.

Thanks so much for the info. Regards..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.