Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite 914 pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Carl
Here's one I like. 914's on Lombard Street during the Tour 2000.
Carl
Bleyseng
Who's cars ? Can you name them?

Geoff
Jeff Krieger
IPB Image
seanery
Look how high the front end is.
Did they do this for US bumper height laws?
jonwatts
QUOTE(Carl @ Apr 22 2003, 05:41 PM)
Carl

Carl

Oh boy Carl, the alzheimers has set in already.
Carl
OK, names ... the blue car is Bill and Diane King from Lake Tahoe, the rest are, Oh crap, I forget.

Yeah, Jon. I sneezed and hit the send button before the photo was uploaded. The Alzheimers comes later. That's when you forget to sneeze.

Here's another one from the tour near Fort Bragg.
C
ChrisReale
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 22 2003, 07:40 PM)
Look how high the front end is.
Did they do this for US bumper height laws?

Are you talking about the pic that Jeff K posted? Thats a Euro car, but it does have a high front end. I do believe at a certain time, the US Government set a bumper height law. That might be why some 914's have a higher front end.
seanery
you're right, i missed the no-side-markers thing.
Bleyseng
Ok CArl, name all the guys in the pic you posted!

Geoff
Carl
Geoff, it's quiz day on the list and you're making me out to be an idiot, here. The names escape me but here's the group. We had a great time over 5 days exploring little skinny, corkscrew roads in Northern Calif. It was fun for all, one ticket, no accidents and no significant mechanical problems.
We've got to do that again.
Carl
jonwatts
Yeah, Jon. I sneezed and hit the send button before the photo was uploaded.

You sneezed!?! You may have a virus.

No more old jokes from me, Carl. Everytime I remember you talking about your Dad's 993 I then think that you'll probably outlive me. I better be nice or you'll trash me at my own wake laugh.gif

Great pictures everybody.
Brad Roberts
Yeah I noticed he was cracking your ass. Quit picking on "dad" Geoff. That is my job.

I recognize a few of those faces.. most of them are SoCal people.

What is ole Dennis Deeds up to these days ??

B
Brad Roberts
I wish it would have been a clear day and that we didnt have to shoot this at 45mph... but this is one of my favorites. I sent DaveD and JonW ahead of us in my truck and lined us up for the pic.

B
Brad Roberts
I have hundreds of "favorite" pics..

B
Carl
No more old jokes from me, Carl

Yeah, right. I believe that. <_<
My father's still got his 993 but he hasn't autocrossed it. He did that with his '82 SC when he was in his 70's. Not too bad for a guy his age.
I don't know what Dennis Deeds is doing now. I haven't heard anything about the 914 Owners Assn. for some time so he probably has gone on to other things. The 914 lists provide a lot better info much quicker than the old newsletters so the old Assn. format is really obsolete. I have to give him credit, though. Organizing the tours was a huge job, he did it very well and the members of the Owners Assn. was a very friendly, fun group.
I've been thinking of putting together another NCal tour when I get past some of the projects I'm working on now. It would be fun. There's some great roads out there.
C
Brad Roberts
Count me in. I cant gurantee my help setting it up... but I would really like to do the tour.

B
Carl
That's a great photo, Brad. A proud salute to the orange, white and blue. I still get all choked up. flag.gif
C
Carl
After June I'll be more free to get into 914's again. I miss the drives a lot.
Mer and I planned out a couple of routes on the map but we've got to go drive them and be sure they'd work for a group. The timing, finding places to stay and the rest of the details takes all the time. We've not set a date yet so, we'll see. It would be fun to have you along.

C
Brad Roberts
I really want to get a group together and head out east for the MUSR this year. Even if we rent a trailer and ship 3-4 cars. Rumor has it.. this year is back in Hot Springs (which I felt was the best venue)

B
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Carl @ Apr 22 2003, 10:03 PM)
We had a great time over 5 days exploring little skinny, corkscrew roads in Northern Calif.  It was fun for all, one ticket, no accidents and no significant mechanical problems.
We've got to do that again.
Carl

Carl - Thanks for posting some of your photos from T2K. As for one ticket devil.gif It never happend. If you don't believe me - you can check the Calif. DMV records or ask my expensive lawyer. smash.gif

Who else from that GREAT tour is here at 914World.com? confused24.gif
Britain Smith
Hey, you forgot to include me in that Orange, White and Blue Pic...I was in the Orange Car.

Anyway, I don't have a lot of pics but here are a few from the same event.

-Britain
Britain Smith
Oh, I just found this one...Brad's other ( pain30.gif ) favorite pass time...

-Britain
seanery
Ya know....with the power of the internet I bet if this were done again, you'd probably get good turnout from quite a few non-cali-type people.

Keep the pictures coming!
Bruce Allert
laugh.gif Brad's either saying #1 or he's pick'n a winner!!! clap56.gif Next time you'll haf'ta get a pic of him "dig'n for gold!" driving.gif
bruce
Bleyseng
Lots of 914's
Bleyseng
914's as far as the eye can see...
Bleyseng
Who is this guy with the stock car?
Carl
VegasRacer said
As for one ticket  It never happend. If you don't believe me - you can check the Calif. DMV records or ask my expensive lawyer.  

You got out of it? That's great! clap56.gif It was a bogus ticket anyway. I think I've got a photo of you here somewhere ...

C
Brad Roberts
Yeah..

Cant understand why you got pulled over.... WE at least pull the stickers off the car for road trips.. notice the paint removed from the passenger side door ?? (I was picking a winner for the camera)... and semi intoxicated.

B
Bleyseng
Oh thats what that big chunk of missing paint is from!! I noticed that .
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Yep.

You should wax the car before putting numbers on it. They come off easier that way.

B
Bleyseng
What you go so fast the magnetic ones fly off!
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Most of our orgs have banned magnetics for high speed events.

B
Mike D.
I was there at the Golden Gate when John got that ticket. The cop was not very pleasant. How did you get outta that?

anyway more Pics....
Mike D.
another...
Mike D.
badge is from this car...
Bleyseng
Hey, that looks like Andy's car.
Nice looking 916.
Geoff
seanery
That was on ebay a couple years ago.
I wanted to look at it and touch it, but the guy was in NorCal, so too far from SoCal.
Bleyseng
That's the car I saw at a gas station 2 years old in Seattle. Guy wasn't too friendly but I was filling up the 914 and he was filling up the 916. I did poke around looking at everything asking questions.
Geoff
JeffBowlsby
Mike D...any knowledge of whos Bumblebee that is and how to contact him?
Bleyseng
Jeff, I saw that and just thought it was Rusty's.
Geoff
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 23 2003, 09:09 AM)
Yeah..

Cant understand why you got pulled over.... WE at least pull the stickers off the car for road trips.

B

Even without any decals, the paint job makes it kinda tuff to blend in. I got the ticket as I was pulling out of my parking spot to line up with my other 'pod' members. I never even got out of 1st gear. I guess the cop thought I was gonna do something bad. cool_shades.gif I'm just glad he didn't look at the car to close. I did have insurance and the car was 'legally' registered (just as a precaution for the tour). Since then it has only seen public roads when stapped to a trailer.

4 replica Fuchs from Pomona - $ 200
Set of street tires from Big O - $ 300
Bolt-on muffler from Pep Boys - $ 20
Lawyer to make ticket disappear - $ 1800
914 miles up the Calif. coast with all my teener friends - Priceless

Carl - Thanks for posting my portrait. driving.gif I like it?
Carl
$1,800? Yeeoow!
Oh, well. I've got another photo for you here ..
C
Curvie Roadlover
hanged.gif
Jeff Krieger
IPB Image
ChrisReale
Jeff K,
Whats up with the rear wheel in that pic? Looks like its rolled over the rubber...???
Jeff Krieger
Um, I don't really know. I have a 12-page brochure from '73 that has the same pic on the cover and the wheel looks fine there. I love that pic, though ... I think I may be a mountain man at heart. laugh.gif
Carl
The picture probably got distorted when it was scanned.
Carl
Mike D.
Bowlsby, Regarding the Bumble Bee: Don't remember whose car that is. Picture was summer 2000, Lots of drinking sense then...I can check to see if I have video of him with the car.
Let you know later,
Mike D.
L8Apex
The Gunnar car always looks awsome to me.

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.