Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Work Party/BBQ Update: Pg 5
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jeffs9146
OK it is time to focus on the final finish up of the 6!

I would like to offer free BBQ food and drink to anyone who would like to assist in hooking up the wireing, injection and starting the the 6 on Sat July 16th! beerchug.gif

Lennies914 and I will be installing the motor in the next week and then it is just a matter of hooking up the injection filling it with oil, installing the axcels and giving it a shot driving.gif

If anyone would like to come out to Discovery Bay and help out drop me a PM and lets see if we can get another one on the road!! piratenanner.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jul 2 2011, 08:07 AM) *

OK it is time to focus on the final finish up of the 6!

I would like to offer free BBQ food and drink to anyone who would like to assist in hooking up the wireing, injection and starting the the 6 on Sat July 16th! beerchug.gif

Lennies914 and I will be installing the motor in the next week and then it is just a matter of hooking up the injection filling it with oil, installing the axcels and giving it a shot driving.gif

If anyone would like to come out to Discovery Bay and help out drop me a PM and lets see if we can get another one on the road!! piratenanner.gif

Just a bump hoping that this can come together idea.gif
Andyrew
I'll be working on malga_red75's 914 , but if I wasnt I would love to come!

Next time sad.gif
Mike Bellis
I think I can make it.
Jeffs9146
Cool piratenanner.gif

We will see how many people express an interest and go from there!

Lennies914 said he would help so that is a total of 3 people so far.

I would like to feed a few more than that so lets see where this ends up next week!! chowtime.gif
JRust
I'm going to be at my wife's family reuinion at Asilomar resort. I think it's between Santa Cruz & Monterey. If it wasn't to far I would love an excuse to be gone for a while. I plan to flat tow the LE down just so I can bolt when I feel like it. How far a drive will I have if I can swing it?
Jeffs9146
Santa Cruz is 2 hours
Aptos is 2 1/4 hours
Monterey is 3+ hours

Love to have you!!

JRust
What time are you starting?
strawman
I'm only an hour away, and can try to make it. Please PM your address, and I'll bring some tools and grubby clothes to dig in. I much prefer to work on cars than sit around and talk about 'em (guess I'm ADHC...).

Geoff
JRust
Yeah I'm closer to Monterey. I'm not going to make it. I would like to take my 914 on a spirited drive. I think I am going to get together with Jim (Roadster fan) in Monterey instead. Sounds like a fun time. Just can't quite justify being gone the whole day. My wife is a wonderful & understanding woman. I think that would only last about 4 hours though evilgrin.gif
jeeperjohn56
I;ll love to come see the progess and pick up some pointers. john
jcd914

I'm trying to work my schedule so I can come down and help out. I have my daughters B-day to contended with so I am not sure how much time I might have.
Is this a 6 conversion? What engine are you installing and what wiring & injection work are you trying to get done?

Jim

Jeffs9146
It looks like this is going to happen so I will start sending my home info on Wed. I would think we could start at about 10 or 11 unless anyone has a preference on another time!

I will try to have the motor installed by Sat and we will be finishing up everything else.

List of thing that need to be done;

1. Wiring adaptation from '75 1.8L to an '86 3.0L FI motor
2. Connect fuel filter, lines, ignition and injection
3. Install exhaust
4. Install axcels
5. Swap rear brake calipers and bleed
6. Install oil & gas
7. Attempt to start beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jul 11 2011, 02:09 PM) *
It looks like this is going to happen so I will start sending my home info on Wed. I would think we could start at about 10 or 11 unless anyone has a preference on another time!

I might be able to make this one!

It's been way too long anyways, does your garage fridge still hold beer? w00t.gif

Please PM me your address ...
driving.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 11 2011, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jul 11 2011, 02:09 PM) *

I might be able to make this one!

It's been way too long anyways, does your garage fridge still hold beer? w00t.gif

Please PM me your address ...
driving.gif

If you show up I'll give you your door handle. biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
It's been way too long anyways, does your garage fridge still hold beer?

blink.gif Thats a stupid question!!!! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Duh..................! slap.gif

Lennies914
Andy,

I have been there when both garage refers are so full of beer there are ice chest required. Jeff actually just did a room addition to the garage just for beer storage!

beerchug.gif

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Jeffs9146
Lennie and I just finished putting the motor, trans & axcels in so we are getting ready to get this thing running!! beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif

Cant wait to drive it!
Jeffs9146
Another one
Mike Bellis
I think my wife may want to come and watch. I'll be there after 10am.
Jeffs9146
Great!! We like large groups!!! I have lots of tritip and even some chicken for those that don't want the red meat! beerchug.gif
JStroud
I might be able to stop by, not sure how much help i'd be since i'm just learning these cars. But it would be nice to meet some new people, and maybe learn something. Had a great time at the tranny clinic you hosted.

Jeff
Dr Evil
Oh crap! You are going to try the transmission we, I mean YOU rebuilt at the clinic? poke.gif

I would be there if I were closer rolleyes.gif

Jeffs9146
Yep icon8.gif

We will see!! beerchug.gif
jeeperjohn56
Jeff, What axle's are you using? are they stock 914? and are you using the stock oil cooler that came with the engine? or did you add that oil cooler? You and Lennie have been busy. What kind of clutch and pressure plate and flywheel are you using? I have more question's but will ask you on Saturday. good job John cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Jeffs9146
The motor shouldn't put out much more than 260hp so I am just running stock axcels.

The clutch, PP & Ring Gear are from Patrick Motorsports and the flywheel is stock 3.0L.

The oil cooler is a modified stock 3.0L 6 cooler and I am going to see how it does before adding an external cooler!

SirAndy
icon_bump.gif

I should be there between 10 and 11. driving.gif
Jeffs9146
awsome! I have a list going and I think I have 98% of what I need to make this start happen!! beerchug.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 15 2011, 09:07 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

I should be there between 10 and 11. driving.gif

My wife will be dropping me off around then. She is going into Antioch to visit her parents and will come back latter and pick me up to go visit our friends in Brentwood.

See ya all in the morning!
Jim
Cairo94507
I believe I can make it, though I may be useless for actual work unless given direction. Please ket me know where. Cairo94507 at yahoo dot com.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 16 2011, 07:29 AM) *

I believe I can make it, though I may be useless for actual work unless given direction. Please ket me know where. Cairo94507 at yahoo dot com.

PM Sent
I will also drop you an e-mail
underthetire
I got suckered in to seeing Harry Potter at noon. You or lennie got my number if you need anything.
Jeffs9146
I did forget to get an oil filter if you happen to have one sitting around?? blink.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jul 16 2011, 09:51 AM) *

I did forget to get an oil filter if you happen to have one sitting around?? blink.gif

Err, for a six? Not unless the jeep 6 is the same. I can probably pick one up after my wasted 2 hours.
Cairo94507
OK, so I was only there for 4 hours but I had a blast. I, who is rather mechanically challenged, but brave enough to work with supervision, got to remove an old clutch cable and install a new one under Jeff's watchful and instructive eye.

The most fun, (aside from the absolutely delicious grub: tri-tip, chicken, bean dip, salads, etc.) was watching Sir Andy and Jim fabricate the fuel injection brackets and configure that stuff. I was like holy shit!

While I was there it was Jeff the owner, another Jeff, John, Len (not sure about that but he lives like around the corner from Jeff and had just bought a cherry looking old Chevy panel truck that definitely sounded like it had a worked over V-8 in it) Andy, Mike and Jim. I was definitely the most mechanically challenged in the group buy a long shot.

Great time and I am sure Jeff's car took a giant leap forward towards being fired up.

Thanks for the fun, education, hospitality and general good time.

Michael
Jeffs9146
Wow thanks for all the help guys!! We got the hardest stuff done, wire harness, and FI is 90%!

Now is just the basics like shifter, oil, exhaust and a few other things! I think I can finish up the last few details in the next few weeks and give it a shot!

I have to say that I feel like a novice around some of you guys even though I have been doing this for 28+ years! aktion035.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Any time any of you are looking for a mini vacation please feel free to come out and visit me in Disco Bay, my house is always open!!

Mike Bellis
Got the -4 blended to the -6 today. Jeff is a great host and cook. Nice to see the gang today. Now it's time to buckle down on my project. beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
If you need any help over the next few days I will be available from Mon - Thursday!!

I dont know if I could offer anything that you don't already have covered but I am available at odd times!!

Thanks again for your help!! I couldn't have done what you did, you are awsome!!! piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
beer3.gif smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif
jcd914
I enjoyed the food, the beer, the visiting and the tinkering.

beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
Here are a few photos
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jul 17 2011, 07:25 AM) *
Here are a few photos

You should post a picture of the custom intake "snorkel" ... biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
Ok here is our custom intake "snorkel"

jeeperjohn56
Jeff, It was great watching the pro's, Jim and Andy and Mike for his knowledge of wiring, work they magic they are a wealth of knowledge and did a lot of work on that fuel system, I hope when I get started on mind I will have a nice of a car like yours. Thanks again for your hospitality and food and for answering all my questions, good luck on your starting up. John driving.gif
JStroud
It was nice meeting some of you and seeing the others again, great work party Jeff, the BBQ was awesome again. I was lost most of the day, not much experience with Porsches yet, but the conversation was good, learned a little, had a nice drive there and back, all and all a great day. Enjoyed watching the MUCH more experienced guys Jeff, Mike, Jim, and Andy work out the problems hooking up the fuel system, and Mike working his majic on the electrical harness. Hope it comes together soon Jeff, Good luck with the start up. beer.gif

The best part of the day though was when Jeff's Mom showed up, (great lady by the way) and ask Jeff, So you sold your running car to buy this one you have to work on.

Oh, and thanks to Andy and John for all the great info about my car, and letting me know all the $$$$ i still need to spend. beer3.gif

Jeff

Andyrew
Painters tape holding the snorkle to the TB.. LOVE IT!!
Jeffs9146
Painters tape holding the snorkle to the TB.. LOVE IT!!

Andy wanted a photo of the snorkle so I placed it where it was going to be!! bootyshake.gif

As long as I don't drink to much I think I will remember to remove the tape beerchug.gif blink.gif Maybe?! confused24.gif
arkitect
Hey Jeff,
Glad to see that everything went good. I wanted to stop by to try to learn some more from the 914 experts...not enough time in the day.

Looks like you got alot acomplished, good luck on the start up. Sorry I missed the bbq, I know you put on a good spread.

Dave
Jeffs9146
I am very close to starting and would like to get a confermation about the AAR and Cold Start Injector!

Are the only two pieces that I need the ones shown in this photo or do I also need #39??
jcd914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jul 28 2011, 08:25 AM) *

I am very close to starting and would like to get a confermation about the AAR and Cold Start Injector!

Are the only two pieces that I need the ones shown in this photo or do I also need #39??

Jeff,
You can route it as you have it drawn, excluding #39.
If you are using the intake boot that does not have a hole for the elbow #47 (1 of the boots you had did not have the hole for an elbow) you can hook the hose up to the metal elbow on the throttle body.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.