Full Version: forgive me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
just the lower part of the engine bay.

looks fine from a standing position.

have a new respect for painters.

dr
Joe Bob
Painted a boat once with a brush...desert camoflage, called it the Ramboat..... beer.gif

We had been drinking..... confused24.gif
i love porsche
ill have to paint some of my engine bay with a brush..because im using a special kind of thick paint with a heavy zinc concentrate that can actually stick to surface rust and stop it from spreading..because i doubt that i can get out 100% of the rust in there
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Jun 19 2004, 01:19 PM)
just the lower part of the engine bay.
looks fine from a standing position.
have a new respect for painters.

well....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
machina
ok joe,

it was really the area below the line where the tin meets the firewall and the pickup pts etc.

the new motor has no tin around it for easy access, only what is needed to cool.

the car was yellow before and so was all these areas. just wanted it to look decent with the new motor going in. I'm no painter.

dr
Joseph Mills
Looks good Dave.

Actually I'm considering painting my engine bay gray and powder coating the two large engine shroud tin pieces gray, just to lighten everything up. My engine bay is black and everything just seems to dissappear. My car body is yellow right now but someday it will be either silver or gray.

Something to think about tomorrow while I clean up and tear open my tranny. Yup, since the engine is out, I've decided to open up the tranny and two spares I've been given and look at the possibility of doing a 5th & 3rd gear swap.

Help! I've fallen into this "since the engine is out" syndrom and I can't get up. wacko.gif laugh.gif
machina
my tin is powdercoated with a textured aluminum color. Looks great.

it does help to have things bright in the engine bay. the light reflects better so you can see what your doing wrong.

dr
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Jun 19 2004, 08:39 PM)
the light reflects better so you can see what your doing wrong.

Hmmm.... maybe I should re-think this. laugh.gif

You gotta pic?
machina
QUOTE(joseph222 @ Jun 19 2004, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Jun 19 2004, 08:39 PM)
the light reflects better so you can see what your doing wrong.

Hmmm.... maybe I should re-think this. laugh.gif

You gotta pic?

your on the right track. just don't pick too dark of a grey, keep it lighter.

I did the motor bright aluminum for aesthetic reasons aside from the improved visibility.

dr
Joseph Mills
I like it. Understated. No flash. All business. Not to mention visibility....

Did you paint the engine core + front & back aluminum covers also?

Definitely got me thinkin' idea.gif
machina
QUOTE(joseph222 @ Jun 19 2004, 11:33 PM)
I like it. Understated. No flash. All business. Not to mention visibility....

Did you paint the engine core + front & back aluminum covers also?

Definitely got me thinkin' idea.gif

the case, intakes, whatever is aluminum is not painted. all the tin, valve covers are powder coated and the blower housing is painted.

dr
thomasotten
Arent you worried about your car overheating with all the engine tin cut away? You need to seperate the hot side from the cool side, unless you are makeing a drag car that is only driven in brief spurts.
machina
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jun 20 2004, 08:18 PM)
Arent you worried about your car overheating with all the engine tin cut away? You need to seperate the hot side from the cool side, unless you are makeing a drag car that is only driven in brief spurts.

we'll see...

almost every 914 racecar I have seen has no tin. I don't plan on doing alot of idling or cruising. We'll either be wide open or in the paddock.

dr
i love porsche
that is one beeeeaauuuutiful engine!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.