Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC Photo Contest - your votes please!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Well, the pics have been sorted and you can have your vote

Please go to the Photo Contest page of the WCC website...

There's 57 pics to choose from, and as far as I'm concerned, it's gonna be tough to pick just one...
So, good luck voting and may the best picture win smilie_pokal.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
skline
You should make this a sticky as it will fall off the first page in a matter of hours with as much traffic as this site gets. You are right about it being a tough choice. There are many great pictures. I cast my vote.
Korijo
I cast my vote.
Photo id: 041_rich_918s

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(Levi @ Jun 19 2004, 11:36 PM)
It seems like I'm really not in this private club at all...
finger.gif

you know, you were more than welcome to come down here for the WCC ...

no play for Mr. Lazy
biggrin.gif Andy
Jeroen
QUOTE(Levi @ Jun 20 2004, 07:36 AM)
Everyone who attended the WCC (and only the attendees) is eligible for a single vote, by selecting your first choice.

I personally think this sucks....It seems like I'm really not in this private club at all...
finger.gif

Hey Levi,

I guess it won't be a problem then if I put YOUR e-mail address up there instead of Bowlsby's
Then YOU get to receive 2000 e-mails and count the votes...
I'm sure Jeff wouldn't mind biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
ejm
QUOTE(Levi @ Jun 19 2004, 10:36 PM)
I personally think this sucks....It seems like I'm really not in this private club at all...

You won't feel that way when we vote for favorite avatar pictures wink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Korijo @ Jun 19 2004, 10:55 PM)
I cast my vote(not an attendee pissoff.gif ).
Photo id: 041_rich_918s

IPB Image

I love you man... biggrin.gif

This is tooo hard!!! When is the dead line. I want the kids and Sandy to view them too.
Jeroen
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Jun 20 2004, 02:51 PM)
This is tooo hard!!! When is the dead line. I want the kids and Sandy to view them too.

I'm not sure when the deadline is...
Jeff will chime in shortly for sure

cheers,

Jeroen
Levi
Well here is my favorite car photo, they are ALL very good.
Toast
This is too hard!!! headbang.gif

Where is the panoramic one?! confused24.gif sad.gif That one was my favorite?
Levi
QUOTE(ejm @ Jun 20 2004, 06:37 AM)
QUOTE(Levi @ Jun 19 2004, 10:36 PM)

You won't feel that way when we vote for favorite avatar pictures wink.gif

I didn't think of that... lol2.gif

" Mr. Lazy"
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Cricket @ Jun 20 2004, 10:09 AM)
Where is the panoramic one?! confused24.gif sad.gif That one was my favorite?

agree.gif
Jeroen
Hmmm... I thought the panoramic wasn't eligible
Not by my choise but I thinks some one posted that somewhere
If not, then I'll correct it and put it up there with the others

cheers,

Jeroen
SLITS
As far as the "Best" photo, I voted, but I still think that each photo represents a specific part of the WCC experience and there is no "Best".

Perhaps the award should be "The one that best describes the WCC Experience" if anything at all.

I still say that all the photos, attendees and non-attendies, should be put on a CD with an autorun slide show and sold for a nominal fee so that

ALL

interested parties can share in the experience - both reliving and vicariously.

Need to get off the concours "best" shit and get down to the experience that was shared.

Ok, now I will stfu.gif
Alison Baker
I agree ...They should all be put on Cd or a thread smilie_pokal.gif so we can see what went on the best photo's of the WCC. biggrin.gif
OK Jereon your in charge of that .Alison
Jeroen
Once this has all settled a bit, ALL the pics will be added to the event website

cheers,

Jeroen
Howard
I vote for Alison's avatar.
JeffBowlsby
Thanks for the big time effort to put the WCC photo contest page together Jeroen...We owe you yet one more time...It really looks great.

Lets set the deadline for emailing me (bowlsby@aol.com) your votes as this next Wednesday at Midnight, June 23, to allow everyone registered for the WCC a chance to vote. That also includes the three honorary attendees to vote too...Lawrence B, Dave Cawdrey and Sean Lee.

Please tell me the number of the phjoto you vote for and your name...thats all I need. I will announce the winner as soon as I can tally up the votes.

This will be fun!!! The winner of this contest will receive their award directly from Rick Ollah.

I totally agree...we need to preserve these and all the photos of the WCC 2004 as part of the 914Club archives. It would be great to use them for a calendar or poster too...
Mrs. K
agree.gif

Great job Jeroen!

And thanks to you too, Jeff! You have to tally all the votes! ohmy.gif

Quite a big job, but I bet it will be fun too! biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see which one wins! smilie_pokal.gif

And great idea for a calendar of the WCC pics, or a poster!

Thanks again!
Lisa clap56.gif
Bruce Allert
W-W-W-WOW smilie_pokal.gif

The site is great beer.gif Viewing all the wonderful pics is really nice the way they're sized down for easy scrolling.

Sure wished I'd have been able to attend cuz I know which I'd vote for. . .

mueba.gif Good Job Mon mueba.gif

.....b
d7n7master
I vote for VegasRacer's avatar!!! cool.gif
I WANT one! rolleyes.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(d7n7master @ Jun 22 2004, 09:39 AM)
I vote for VegasRacer's avatar!!! cool.gif
I WANT one! rolleyes.gif

Well yours ain't so bad....someones mother I suppose. aktion035.gif LOL aktion035.gif
JeffBowlsby
And the winner is....

Well it was a tough race. Almost an impossible task to select the 'best' candid photo of the WCC 2004. I think we all struggled to select from several really beautiful photos with multiple layers of meaning. So many of the photots are superb...and each for different reasons. But we picked one:

"DEMICK BOYDEN, Photo 10, please come to the platform and receive your Trophy for

BEST PHOTO of the 914 WCC 2004"

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

The votes were as follows:

5 votes: Photo 10
4 votes: Photo 04, 22
3 votes: Photo 01, 09, 50

10 other photos had 2 or fewer votes...

Demick...Rick Ollah will send you your trophy directly...

Thanks for playing everyone...

Now we gotta figgur out what to do with these photos...Get them into Excellence...a poster? A calendar?...Make them into Coasters?

idea.gif
Jeroen
Way cool! Congrats Demick!
(please check your PM)

cheers,

Jeroen
rick 918-S
Congradulation! This was a tough contest. PM me your address and I'll ship the trophy. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Demick
Wow! Thanks!

And I didn't even vote for myself (I voted for #9).

I guess I better include that one with the pictures that I send in to Excellence.

Speaking of which - if you submitted pictures for this contest and want to have your picture considered for an upcoming issue of Excellence Magazine, then send me the full size hi-res picture asap. See page 2 of this thread for more info:

Excellence thread

Thanks again!

Demick
skline
Congrats Demick, So if I would have voted for my own then I would have won. I voted for yours, it truly is a great photo. The picture that won was the best photo. Maybe I will win next year.
Demick
Scott - yours was a great shot. It has been my new windows background since the day you first posted it!

Demick
Mrs. K
Congratulations Demick!!! biggrin.gif

I loved your photo too! But there were so many great potential shots, maybe they could be put in Excellence!

Way to go, dude! smilie_pokal.gif

Lisa driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.