914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Just wondering, sounds like better system
Will
ChrisReale
I think SirAndy has this on his car.
Chris H.
Will,

Isn't yours running really well? You might not want to mess with it if so. Just an opinion.

Chris H.
Mueller
why??

before installing the Megasquirt FI on my car, I did the reverse, I installed the L-Jet from an old 1.8 onto my eurospec 2.0...ran great !!!!!

The L-jet is a more modern FI and IMHO, a better system. (not that there is anything "wrong" with the D-jet, I like the L-jet better)
qa1142
I was talking with the "Nickies" sales guy. Sounded like 2.0L EFI is more forgiving of increased displacement.

So, you can go to higher comperssion on my 1.8L and keep current system.

Increase displacement to ~2.2L and raise compression with 2.0L EFI

How far has anyone streched the EFI, can it run a 2.2L with 10 to 1?

Yes, runs good now. wub.gif
Mueller
Both stock systems can be "tweaked", but it's hit-n-miss....personally, for a non-stock engine I'd ditch the stock ECU, and depending on budget, go with a KitCarlson or if you are a true DIY'er, the Megasquirt.
Chris H.
You mean Charles Navarro? LN Engineering?

There will be a whole lot of opinions on this, but I have always heard once you get to a certain displacement (Like 2270) carbs are recommended or a more modern FI system than either L-Jet or D-Jet.
qa1142
I also have a set of Solex PII-40's. They are on my parts car. I'm thinking they would be better on an old 912 or 356.

Would I like the PII-40 on my ride? or are they as hard to tune as I figure they would be?

MDB2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.