Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: air leak from tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
Finally have the car running nice, but noticed I have a lot of air blowing around the right carb near the head. Its very tight between the carb and battery tray so I can't get down to see anything. I also can hear a whistle from that area. Were would the likely leak be? Is this a problem I need to go after amediately? I was thinking of putting a piece of fuel line to my ear and isolate the whistle. Is it normal to have air coming from around the tin like this, all the tin was inplace and tight when Installed the engine a few months back.
lapuwali
Did you seal the hole for the CHT? It's near the No. 3 plug. There are several other holes in the tin I've plugged in my car, after also feeling an engine speed "wind" blowing around the base of the carbs. CHTs (measured at the plug) even went down a tad when I did this.
TheCabinetmaker
The whistle could indicate a vacuum leak. possibly from the intake manifold. Make sure the bolts are tight.
Levi
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ Jun 23 2004, 09:59 AM)
Finally have the car running nice,

Really glad to hear your car is running good.
What was the problem(s)
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.