Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Dinner on July18???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
IronHillRestorations
We are taking a family trip to Seattle in July, and was wondering if anyone would want to meet for a 914 breakfast on the 18th.

As we are flying I won't be in a 914, but it looks like there's a fair number of 914'ers out there.

Add a post if you are interested, or e-mail me at a914man@netease.net

PK cool.gif
DNHunt
I'm up for it

Dave
Bleyseng
I'll be there where ever the meet is. I tried the last time you came to Seattle to meet up with you but I never hooked up with you at the Six Arms.
Can we pick a better place than that crappy burger place. There's a fantastic Italian place right down the street from the Six Arms or for dessert at the B&O.
Doesn't have to be for Breakfast does it? Since Brad isn't around we don't have to eat at Chili's or Hooters.

Geoff
914werke
Im up for it. I need some recreation wink.gif
Currently sweating my ASS off down in Ft Irwin CA. cool.gif
Korijo
idea.gif
ablose58
I am game, where is it at? smilie_pokal.gif MDB2.gif
Levi
Hey I'll come if we can have a Seattle Breakfast in Spokane.... laugh.gif laugh.gif
Just kidding... laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
We will be staying in west Seattle, I'll have to check with my wife's parents for a good location, or if anyone has a good spot, I'm game.

Levi can only come if he brings the avitar model!

PK cool.gif
Bleyseng
For dinner on Alki- Duke's or this Cuban place I know.
Breakfast-Alki Bakery

If its in West Seattle it has to be down by the water!

Geoff
morph
you guys still having breakfast??
reverie
I don't think a 9:14 get-together would be a good idea. Ever since that big meet last year in Ballard (with the big cruise to the brewery afterwards), it seems to me that a noticeable number of our local 914Club members (about half of the people at the Ballard meet) have decided not to participate in the breakfast meets. And they don't even respond to the threads. And one has to wonder why.

Yes, I am open to some criticism (and feel free to fire away), but when all is said and done, the facts and historical trends speak for themselves. In looking at the local VW scene for the last 20 years, people have noticed that most Seattle people tend to show up at 10:00 or later. Are we that different??.. I would suggest that we are not.

How about a lunch or early dinner get-together?

- Roger
IronHillRestorations
I'm open to dinner. Before I had kids, I didn't do Sunday mornings too well (rock & roll), so I understand how that might not be the best time.

We live miles from any other 914'ers and don't have any get togethers. I was hoping that I could wrap some sort of 914 thing into our vacation to Seattle. So I'm open to whatever the consensus may be.

PK cool.gif
Neal
I am in but the Alki bakery is not a good place to meet, tables to far apart and there is no convient
parking. What about the Freemont spot you had the last meeting at or even better how about someplace on the eastside ?. Family Pancake house in Redmond or Shari's in Totem lake are a couple of places.

Neal
red914
if our tennessee friend is going to be in west seattle, it seems to me we can meet somewhere in that neck of the woods. chowtime.gif it is fairly central to the puget sound area, if any place can be called central (some of us would be looking at a ferry ride, some a drive across the bridge or around the lake). as it stands, i have a high probability of making it, for what that is worth. morning of the 18th is "kewl," as dino says. aktion035.gif
Bleyseng
Perry is in West Seattle soo thats why I suggusted -Alki. There is more parking there than anywhere else in West Seattle unless we eat at Kmart. There is a good bar (where the Elliott Bay Motorsports Club meets) but there is no parking.
Dukes on Alki is nice, has lots of tables including a outside eating deck with a VIEW of all the people walking by and Seattle in the distance.
Lots of parking on the street (miles worth).

There is always other places but try to find parking! Fremont in the evening is awful for parking.
Oh, there is the McDonalds in West Seattle that has a big parking lot!

You guys kill, pissing and moaning about this and that, just show up and BS and enjoy.

Geoff
ablose58
agree.gif Lets make it happen guys,no whining or I'll have to bring some cheese to go with the whine. beer.gif lol2.gif
reverie
Duke's sounds more affordable than Salty's.

And it's hard to beat the nice scenery of Alki.. cool.gif

---

Neal, we should organize something on the eastside, for later in July..
maybe a cruise on some of the back roads.. you have mail.
Neal
I was not moaning mearly giving my opinion, I will meet where ever but when I went to the Alki bakery for my 1'st meeting the way it was situated with the seating made it very hard to meet people I never really talked to anyone until after we left and went down the road and parked along the water.

my 2 cents
Neal
boxstr
Post it when you guys get the time and place nailed down, I may be in the area that weekend. Okay if I join ya??
Thanks
CCLINTHEPNW
reverie
I think Perry should suggest the time.

But a lunch or "early dinner" may be best, as that would be helpful for the guys
coming from farther away, especially from Oregon and the peninsula.

This could be pretty big.. smile.gif
morph
i will go if its a lunch early dinner thing. :)im converting both my cars to fuch so hope fully ill have it done by then.and be able to drive one (i should be able too)
rhodyguy
unless you guys are planning on fish and chips, you had better pick a resturant, get a loose head count, and make some reservations.

kevin
IronHillRestorations
I think early dinner would be fine with me, like 4:00 or 5:00? I'll check with my better half (we have some plans for that day), but I think it would workout fine.

The last time we were there, we stayed downtown, so I'm clueless for a location, but it sounds like Duke's may be a good choice?? If no one can check it out, I can see if my wife's folks can do any of the leg work.

PK cool.gif

lookin forward to meeting some new 914'ers!
Bleyseng
Check it out here:
http://www.dukeschowderhouse.com/best.asp
reverie
Duke's Restaurant looks pretty good. Their address is 2516 Alki Ave SW... I notice that there's a Spud Restaurant just a block away, at 2666 Alki Ave SW (Spud is owned by Ivar's).

I'll go to both places this weekend, to see what hours they serve lunch and dinner (to find out when they switch to the dinner menu), and to compare menu prices, seating, location, and parking. I'll post that info asap. Any other West Seattle by-the-water restaurants to consider?

Geoff, looking at Duke's menus made me hungry! laugh.gif
Bleyseng
The food is good Seattle type fare, lots of seafood, pasta and meat, salads.
The VIEW is the really best part! The parking is on the street and can be tough but there is lots of it! Just be prepared to drive around until a spot frees up.
Geoff beer.gif
reverie
The weather today is beautiful.. the weather in mid-July will be even better! The views.. the beers..

I'm heading to Alki right now, to check it out. smile.gif
reverie
Damn!.. What can I say, folks.. Geoff sure knows the good places.

I have nothing but superlatives for Duke's. The layout is perfect, the food looks great, the people are classy and laid-back, and there's a good beer selection and a full bar. And the view is incredible! The assistant manager said they can comfortably seat 20 or so people together out on the deck with the awesome view, and they will reserve an area of tables for us. He also said they can squeeze in a few more people if necessary. What a terrific place!! I was really impressed.

The only other place worth considering is right next door to Duke's. It's a place called Christo's, and the menu is the same, but it doesn't have a hip-cool laid-back energy and the view is not as good.

Please consider attending this event, everyone. Believe me, you'll be glad you did!!

Geoff, this location is closer to me. I can handle the arrangements...

smile.gif ~ Roger
DNHunt
Roger

Since when is classy people in a restaurant important to this group. Remember February in Freemont, we were checkin out the hair in the waitress' armpits. Good food is important, good beer is important, good view is nice. Clientele doesn't matter unless it's a biker bar where a bunch of Porsche people might get beat up. Personally I would prefer that waitresses didn't have hairy pits but I may be in the minority. cool_shades.gif

Dave
reverie
Okay, um... point taken.

So you like the Fremont place better. laugh.gif
DNHunt
Nope, I didn't like the hairy pits. West Seattle is fine by me, not as far to drive.

Dave
IronHillRestorations
Book em Danno! Roger, you da man! Thanks for putting forth the effort, it should be a great time beerchug.gif

What's a good time? I put up 4 or 5, but I don't know how this works for everyone else. However, if Roger is doing the leg work then Roger can call the shots! Whatever, I'm in, and looking forward to it.

PK cool.gif

ps I guess I'm a little too "American" for hairy armpits, but I did graduate from high school in the 70's
reverie
Okay.. three weeks to go until July 18th..

Duke's can make a reservation for us, starting at 4:00 or 5:00..

But I'm leaving the arrangements up to our social coordinator (Geoff).. smile.gif cool.gif
reverie
^
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(reverie @ Jun 26 2004, 09:24 PM)
But I'm leaving the arrangements up to our social coordinator (Geoff).. smile.gif cool.gif

Geoff is da man too!

PK cool.gif

ps do we want to start a head count thread?
Eddie914
Bad Timing! I’ve got a family vacation scheduled for July 15-21 at Lake Chelan … and I live only a few blocks from Dukes!

Dukes is great! The parking situation sucks on any weekend afternoon/evening (only on-street parking).
LS6/914
Sounds good, will this be a wife/partner event? Kitsap peninsula folks caravan? Or Iam a few minutes from the Southworth ferry. Iam not sure Spuds has room for a larger gathering but the food is great.
2-OH!
I'm in...but the Boss wants to come as well...So there will be two of us...

2-OH!
reverie
I went ahead and made the reservation:

July 18th - chat/drinks/appetizers starting ~ 4:00, and dinner starting ~ 5:00... it's a loose format.
That gives people time to find parking, and even arrive a little late. No stress, no worries.

We have a prime group of tables on the awesome outdoor deck (as seen on Duke's website), and they are expecting about 20 of us, but they can put up another table for about 6 more people, if necessary. At this point it looks like we should be okay for room. Oh by the way, everyone on the outdoor deck has to be 21 or over, since the deck has a bar built into it.. wink.gif
Bleyseng
Bring the wifes and girlfriends as this is a good spot to eat at. Wear sunglasses so the wifes can't see you looking at the girls across the street biggrin.gif

Spuds has gone downhill IMHO icon8.gif

Ok, who is going???????
I am with Monique
so

Korijo
ph34r.gif 2 smoke.gif
ablose58
I will be there SOLO aktion035.gif AL
red914
trying to talk the wife into coming along smlove2.gif ; just need to find a sitter.
DNHunt
Wifie and I are in. Hope the weather is good. It could be spectacular.

Dave
morph
I'll be there, the wife wants to stay home
Korijo
QUOTE(Korijo @ Jun 29 2004, 10:25 PM)
ph34r.gif 2 smoke.gif

I meant 4 smoke.gif
confused24.gif
slap.gif
rhodyguy
the poster should change the topic to "dinner". are you bringing the boys dave?

kevin
dinomium
I will BE THERE!
wink.gif
reverie
[QUOTE] the poster should change the topic to "dinner"..
Perry, maybe you can fix that?

Korijo, you have a PM.. smoke.gif smile.gif
rhodyguy
2 more to the tally rog. jeanne and me.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.