Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nudder Turn Signal Quexction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RON S.
I've got t-signals on my 914/6 that just refuse to blink. sad.gif
Here's the stats,I hope someone may have an answer.
1.)All the lighting on the car is working.IE.brake lights,all parking lights when h-light switch is in that position.Headlights and parking lights when h-switch is in full-on position.There are no burned out or non-working bulbs on the car.There are no disconnected wires.
2.)When I engage the signal lever in either direction,the indicator on the dash comes on.The corresponding front & rear signal bulbs come on also.
The result is the same when engaging the left or right indicators. mad.gif
3.)I have changed the signal relay under the dash 3 times,with signal relays from 914s that do have working signals.None would allow the signals to blink. headbang.gif
There are no hacked up wires behind the dash,everything appears plugged-up as designed.
The car is a Euro-model if that helps.

Tell me guys,what am I missing. wacko.gif

Ron
ArtechnikA
you didn't say, but i'll assume you're trying this with the ignition on; has to be...

what flashes when you engage the 4-ways? (emergency flashers?)
RON S.
Rich,
Everything has been tried w/the key in the on position.
When the 4-way em-flashers are engaged all the bulbs light up.Fronts,rears,&dash ind'rs,but they don't blink.
Every other electrical system in the car works.I.E.
horn,radio,wipers,heater,interior lights.etc.etc.
It has to something so simple that I know I'll feel stupid for not knowing that in the first place.
Bad ground maybe?
Ron
Qarl
Maybe have the bulbs wear little trenchcoats!

I was gonna vote for relays, but then you shot that theory down.

Have you checked the turn signal switches themselves?

Also make sure you have the right bulbs in them.
RON S.
Karl,
I have thought that maybe the problem is in the switch mechanism behind the steering wheel.I've just been leeary about taking it apart to check for something amiss.I.E. bad contacts or something.
I have used my test meter,and there is power going to the under dash relay when the switch is engaged.
However,is there more than just the one relay/flasher under the dash?
I am assuming the elongated relay(approx.2"long)is in itself a flasher unit.Am I right, or wrong.
Ron
beemie96
Ron,

did you ever solve this problem? Your symptoms are almost the same as mine...

parking lights, etc... all work, turn signal works when key is off (parking light turns on)

But, when the car is on, no luck...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.