Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: could it get any worse for me.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steveherman
So to continue my string of bad luck... my last operational vehicle just got towed to joes.
I am layin in my van in front of his shop.
the 2008 grand caravan I purchased when my 1993 caravan was stolen.
the transmission appears to be shot.
yahoo
hwgunner
Wow, sorry to hear that. Covered by warentee?? Prob not but worth a shot, no?
steveherman
Unfotunately no.
Bad things with me happen in threes.
So I am praying for some good.
Mike Bellis
Call the dealer and see if any recall work is pending on your VIN. Many 2008-2010 Dodge/Chryslers were having shift solenoid problems. I once got a brand new tranny from Honda when the main shaft was recalled. It started acting up so I called and forund out about the recall. The dealer said it was ready to grenade on me.
wertygrog
That blows! Looks like Mike has some good advice though. I hope things get better for you soon Steve!
steveherman
I will be calling monday for sure.
70_914
Sounds like my week. Wifes Jeep has a transducer that went bad in the transmission so it is in limp mode. My fuel pump just went out on my SHO that I drive everyday.
steveherman
QUOTE(70_914 @ Jul 24 2011, 01:29 AM) *

Sounds like my week. Wifes Jeep has a transducer that went bad in the transmission so it is in limp mode. My fuel pump just went out on my SHO that I drive everyday.

Did ya read my other post 2 cars stolen in 6 months?

The girl and I are in panic mode.
steveherman
As I lay here in the van bored to death...
I decided to look at the underside of transmission.... it is soaked!!!
I would check the fluid level but it has no dipstik.

steveherman
called my dad who stays at solivita in kissimmee.
he went and picked up my girl and she took him back home so she could come get me.
i am home and ugh this sucks.
70_914
QUOTE(steveherman @ Jul 23 2011, 10:37 PM) *

As I lay here in the van bored to death...
I decided to look at the underside of transmission.... it is soaked!!!
I would check the fluid level but it has no dipstik.

I am pretty sure you can purchase a "tool" to check your transmission fluid level. Pull the cap off the sealed tube, the one that says it is for the dealership to remove, and a dipstick will fit into it. Mercedes pulled the same "sealed" transmission trick, but their special tool is just a dipstick that costs $50. Go to Carquest near you and see if they have on through WorldPac.
steveherman
You have to have the dodge scanner to check trans temperature.
then all that tool is is a regular dipstik with 10mm lines etched on the dipstik.
then you put in recommended amount of mm at a certain temperature.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.