Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition Switch terminals...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
streetrover
Hi All,

Here's a pic of the back of the ignition switch and a drawing of the terminal locations. I have a hunch which terminal is #30 (+12v from battery) but I'd like confirmation. (And maybe identify the others as well!)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanx, beerchug.gif
Bob
Dr Evil
Just to be sure, what year is it?
streetrover
Pulled column out of a '74.
Dr Evil
Yes, 30 is Red-12+ in.

50 is yellow to starter (ignition signal)

If you can tell me what numbers are near the terminals I can tell you what color and what they do.
streetrover
OMG!!! It REALLY SUCKS to get old! I went back and inspected the switch with my reading glasses on and, presto, all the numbers were clearly marked. On a good note, the tab that I suspected was #30 by using the ohm meter was indeed correct. So the brain is working ... just not the eyes (guess that's the second thing to go ... LOL!).

MANY APOLOGIES!

Bob beer3.gif
Dr Evil
It happens smile.gif
ThePaintedMan
Oh God, I'm going to get flamed for bringing up and old thread.... but I'm curious anyone can fill in the rest of the diagram from the OP? I would like to know what each of the terminals on the ignition switch is for as I'm re-wiring my car with a cutoff switch, master ignition on, and starter button. I could not find the actual switch in the wiring diagram for a 1973 (which is what my car is). Thanks for you help!

-George
Bob L.
there it is...

Click to view attachment

I got tired of looking back and forth between the diagram and the legend.
ThePaintedMan
Ah, thank you sir. I'm still not sure I can figure this out, but this helps a lot!
Bob L.
By the way, does anybody know which of the 2 temp sensors in the lower right of the diagram(FI harness) is the oil temp sensor (in the taco plate)?
JeffBowlsby
Temp sensor 2 is the cyl head temp sensor. THe poil temp sensor is not in the FI harness. Its a green/black wire and varies on location depending on model year.
Bob L.
Well, I have a '73 that I'm trying to wire a '76 2.0 into. Soooo.....?
Bob L.
Found it on Part 1 of the diagram as well.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.