Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No long bolt on my relay board?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Originally I thought the bolt was just missing, but the board doesn't look like it ever had a bolt in it. The cover does have a hole for the bolt. Maybe it's the wrong cover
76-914
The relay cover w/o the bolt is held in place by the regulator. It is installed after the cover is put on.
jcd914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 27 2011, 07:15 AM) *

Originally I thought the bolt was just missing, but the board doesn't look like it ever had a bolt in it. The cover does have a hole for the bolt. Maybe it's the wrong cover

I don't know when they changed but early boards and covers used the bolt and latter boards and covers did not. If you seal the hole on the early cover and you can use it on a late board, the cover just sits on the board.

Jim
AZ914
Mine just fit tight over the relay board and regulator. It wasn't going anywhere.
ConeDodger
Big rubber band. Oh, and I'm not kidding. It goes under the relay platform and loops over the top of the cover when it is in place. But you can just set it on there. The voltage regulator pretty much holds it in place.
JFJ914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 27 2011, 10:15 AM) *

You have a 75/76 board, with an early cover. The late board had a cover without the hole. Friction holds it on.
TheCabinetmaker
John nailed it, and its NOT held on by the voltage regulator.
Drums66
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 27 2011, 07:37 AM) *

Mine just fit tight over the relay board and regulator. It wasn't going anywhere.

......Something like this......easy access idea.gif
bye1.gif flag.gif shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.