Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RUST
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
I am cleaning up the rust under were the battery tray used to be. The longitudinal frame piece is of course rusted through. Not a big hole but I've made it bigger cleaning up getting ready for the welder dude. What I need to know is, what can I pour or spray down in there to prevent the rust from spreading or getting worse? This must be a common porblem (I've seen some nasty pics). Is there something in a spray can or aerosol? Thanks.
Cheers, Elliot rolleyes.gif
seanery
Probably gonna get a lot of POR15 answers....
Lawrence
You can take a garden sprayer and spray in Skyco Ospho (available through Ace Hardware) or POR-15's Metal Ready. Either is a good product to use before POR-15.

-Rusty
Elliot_Cannon
Sounds good. Where can I find Metal Ready and Por-15?
Elliot
Dave Cawdrey
Right here POR 15
Chris H.
POR 15

Hey I like POR 15 as much as anyone, but if you have rust-through you should really consider replacing the bad metal with good metal. How bad is it?

Just my $.02...

Chris H.
Brad Roberts
I would send a vaccuum cleaner down the hole (shop vac with a small hose on it) to clean up everything sitting on the bottom of the frame rail. I do this with center tunnels alot (today)

B
SirAndy
yepp, suck it out. if the bottom is solid, spray lots of metal-ready on it. let it dry. then spray por-15 over. if it's rusted, cut it out!

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.