Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 914GT Replica Roller SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Twinplugflatsix
Hello all, here's my racecar project up for sale. Haven't gotten around to building my 914GT clone and now I could use the space and the money to invest in my new business. The initial work was done by Blackforest racing. I bought the tub but never got around to building it—too many projects.

email or PM me with questions/offers.

Thanks,
Jol

914@motomall.com

Here is their description:

This was intended to be the perfect vintage (HSR) 914 racer. This car up to this point has been built with time as no object - no corners have been cut, no amount of time has been spared.

•1973 914 chassis

•REAL OE Porsche GT flares. More then $2500 was spent in just purchasing and installing the flares. They are butt welded on - there are NO seams and NO remaining stock fender material underneath for a truely perfect fitment.

•The roll cage is very nicely built, has a NASCAR style drivers door bar, and is well tied in to the proper places front and rear.

•Chassis has OE Porsche GT siffening kit fully installed with some additional supports in key areas.

•Custom oil cooler is fully fitted and installed in the front of the car. The cooler uses a 944 Turbo (951) intercooler core to emmulate the factory Porsche 935 cooling system. Has AN-12 fittings integrated.

•GT style engine lid release handle has been fabricated and located in the engine grille area on the drivers side.

•Windshield frame has 6 welded-in nut plates for windshield clips.

•Patrick Racing 914-6 engine mount welded to chassis. Also included is the other half of this mount which bolts to the engine.

•Front suspenion is 911S with Koni shocks. The chassis has been cut and drilled for a sway bar, and the mounting points are already on the A-arms.

•Rear suspension uses Koni shocks and 200lb/in springs. The trailing arms have new bushings and the full GT stiffening kit installed.

•All four wheels are 15" cookie cutters for rolling purposes.

•Both doors have been extensively lightened. These doors are lighter the GT Racing composite door, and neither are flimsy in any way. Many hours were spent perfecting them.

•Firewall is cut for access panel for belt changes and easy ignition timing adjustments. Female size of Dzus fastener is already installed and ready for a cover panel.

•The car had been entirely stripped to bare metal and primered with basic grey primer. There is some surface rust forming through the grey primer, so we recently stripped the car completely back to bare metal and re-primed the car with a black self-etching rust inhibiting primer. Body work is 80% complete: It needs final sanding and a look over by a good painter before painting. A couple little rust spots on the firewall that will be super quick to fix—nothing even remotely structural.

•Headlight doors have custom brackets that allow the headlights to be manually bolted in either the open or closed position.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
carr914
GLWTS - looks good & could go back to street with those Steel Flares biggrin.gif

The Yellow Roller I have FS is also a BlackForest car - John has been around 914 racecars a long time and knows where to put his attention

Well worth the money and the money difference between your car & mine is Steel vs FG Flares and your cage.

T.C.
Twinplugflatsix
T.C. Your car is definitely a bargain for someone who wants a street car.

I built my first 914 race car up from one that was on the street and over the years had to take it down to scratch to make it safe and reliable. This time I decided to start from a tub to save me from the inevitable reverse-direction work. Just don't have the time right now to do it.
brant
any pictures of the hell hole and longs?

Twinplugflatsix
Hell hole photo as requested.

I also have a complete donor car with bent tub. 2.5L twin plug, trick 901 w/quaife, 930 brakes, RSR Bilsteins, oil tank, fuel cell, instruments, etc. etc. enough to finish car.

IPB Image
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Twinplugflatsix @ Jul 28 2011, 02:56 PM) *

email or PM me with questions/offers.

Shame it isn't streetable. I could buy this and sell my '73 and flares and save Scottya butt load of work. That and I'm not sure my fat ass will fit with the cage.
Twinplugflatsix
Sale Pending...
Twinplugflatsix
Sold, thank you all for your interest. I can’t wait to see the finished project.
carr914

QUOTE(Twinplugflatsix @ Aug 21 2011, 07:14 PM) *

Sold, thank you all for your interest. I can’t wait to see the finished project.

QUOTE(Twinplugflatsix @ Aug 12 2011, 12:42 PM) *

I also have a complete donor car with bent tub. 2.5L twin plug, trick 901 w/quaife, 930 brakes, RSR Bilsteins, oil tank, fuel cell, instruments, etc. etc. enough to finish car.

IPB Image

Congrats to Buyer & Seller - Did the Byer get the Donor car too?

ecurie ecosse
^^ Yes, I bought both the tub and the donor car. smile.gif
bcheney
That was a pretty good deal! All the best with this project...we need more 914's on the road and track in Florida!!
ecurie ecosse
^^ Thanks. I'm in MIA a good part of the year and the car will be here then. The (re)build will be done in NY and the finished product will be a dedicated track car. The plan is to take it HSR/SVRA racing.
carr914
QUOTE(ecurie ecosse @ Aug 22 2011, 05:38 PM) *

^^ Yes, I bought both the tub and the donor car. smile.gif

welcome.png

There are a few of us that do HSR/SVRA.

Bullethead is down your direction
ecurie ecosse
Danke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.