Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 5 lug conversion parts and front brakes.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jk76.914
Finally finished the longest strut conversion project in history, and I'm selling the original parts.

First set: 5 lug adapters. After my car was off the road in 2002-2004, I put these on the front to get back to driving. They worked fine for me, and only have about 5000 miles on them. These space the wheels out 1". I used them with flares and 15x7 Fuchs and the clearance was about perfect.

I'm including the attachment lug bolts, AND a socket that I ground down to fit the counterbore to torque the bolts.

These could be used either front or back.

Asking price: $50 for both. This doesn't include shipping. I can get this in a flat rate box to US only for an additional $14.95.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Second set: 914/4 front rotors drilled and tapped for 5 lug. I got these new from AA when I did a brake job back in the '90's. I ran them 4 lug, but my plan was to do a 5 lug conversion later. When I finally did the conversion, I had flared the car, and wanted some spacers in there, so I used the adapters (above) to give me 5 lugs but with 1" spacer. These front rotors are in great shape. They have about 12,000 miles on them but there isn't even a ridge around the circumference of the rotor. Take a look at the photo.

Included are the front rotors, 10 screw-in studs (never used), bearings (untouched in the hub), dust caps, spindle lock nuts, tab washers, CALIPERS WITH PADS, and dust shields. (you'll need to use your old lock bolts on the spindle lock nuts; I needed them for my new set up.) If it's not in the photo, it isn't included. All parts from an original '76

These could bolt on to your car in a couple of hours, and give you used (but excellent) front brakes along with a front 5 lug setup, ready to go. This is a great package even if you're just looking to do a front brake job. You could even use these bearings and old grease as is, but you really should repack them and replace the grease seals, duh.

Asking price: $100, NOT including shipping. I can fit everything in three flat rate boxes for $14.95 each, or you pay actual on any other means. Pick up encouraged!
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Both sets ($150 plus shipping) would give you a reasonable 5 lug conversion at all four corners- drilled hubs at the front, and adapters in the rear.
914itis
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Jul 30 2011, 01:33 PM) *

Finally finished the longest strut conversion project in history, and I'm selling the original parts.

First set: 5 lug adapters. After my car was off the road in 2002-2004, I put these on the front to get back to driving. They worked fine for me, and only have about 5000 miles on them. These space the wheels out 1". I used them with flares and 15x7 Fuchs and the clearance was about perfect.

I'm including the attachment lug bolts, AND a socket that I ground down to fit the counterbore to torque the bolts.

Asking price: $50 for both. This doesn't include shipping. I can get this in a flat rate box to US only for an additional $14.95.

Second set: /4 rotors drilled and tapped for 5 lug. I got these new from AA when I did a brake job back in the '90's. I ran them 4 lug, but my plan was to do a 5 lug conversion later. When I finally did the conversion, I had flared the car, and wanted some spacers in there, so I used the adapters (above) to give me 5 lugs but with 1" spacer. These rotors are in great shape. They have about 12,000 miles on them but there isn't even a ridge around the circumference of the rotor. Take a look at the photo.

Included are the rotors, 10 screw-in studs (never used), bearings (untouched in the hub), dust caps, spindle lock nuts, tab washers, CALIPERS WITH PADS, and dust shields. (you'll need to use your old lock bolts on the spindle lock nuts; I needed them for my new set up.) All parts from an original '76

These could bolt on to your car in a couple of hours, and give you used (but excellent) brakes along with a 5 lug setup, ready to go. This is a great package even if you're just looking to do a brake job. You could even use the bearings and old grease as is, but you really should repack them and replace the grease seals, duh.

Asking price: $100, NOT including shipping. I can fit everything in three flat rate boxes for $14.95 each, or you pay actual on any other means. Pick up encouraged!
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

PM sent
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Jul 30 2011, 09:33 AM) *

Second set: /4 rotors drilled and tapped for 5 lug. I got these new from AA when I did a brake job back in the '90's. I ran them 4 lug, but my plan was to do a 5 lug conversion later. When I finally did the conversion, I had flared the car, and wanted some spacers in there, so I used the adapters (above) to give me 5 lugs but with 1" spacer. These rotors are in great shape. They have about 12,000 miles on them but there isn't even a ridge around the circumference of the rotor. Take a look at the photo.

Included are the rotors, 10 screw-in studs (never used), bearings (untouched in the hub), dust caps, spindle lock nuts, tab washers, CALIPERS WITH PADS, and dust shields. (you'll need to use your old lock bolts on the spindle lock nuts; I needed them for my new set up.) All parts from an original '76

These could bolt on to your car in a couple of hours, and give you used (but excellent) brakes along with a 5 lug setup, ready to go. This is a great package even if you're just looking to do a brake job. You could even use the bearings and old grease as is, but you really should repack them and replace the grease seals, duh.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I would love to see some pics of the clearance on the flares w/ the 15x7s on your car, if you have any? Did you also have 15x7s on the rear? Thanks!

-Adam
jk76.914
Got some questions (PM) about rotor condition, sharing to the wider World:

QUOTE] What is the condition of the calipers and rotors. Van the rotor be cut? Are the calipers in working condition? [/QUOTE]

The calipers were rebuilt about 12,000 miles ago. They were working fine when I removed them last month. The car passed inspection in April. The reason I removed them was I had to put new shocks on the front, I was afraid it wasn't safe, and I had new Bilstein inserts, plus a real 914/6 front end set, including PMB restored M calipers, new drilled rotors, ball joints, etc. When I got the struts off, there was NO damping at all. I could move the strut in and out with two fingers. (PO installed KYB inserts in about 1981.)

Yes the rotors can be cut, but it'd be a waste. They are smooth and there is no ridge at all around the circumference. You could actually just repack the bearings and install these calipers, rotors, and these brake pads as is. Take a look at the photos and see the remaining life on the pads. They were new when the rotors were new. All the brake pad hardware is still in place on the top side. These calipers have the two bleeders. Remember everything here is 1976 vintage.

Here's the link to the detail on my conversion.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=111007
jk76.914
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Jul 30 2011, 02:01 PM) *

I would love to see some pics of the clearance on the flares w/ the 15x7s on your car, if you have any? Did you also have 15x7s on the rear? Thanks!

-Adam

I'm running 15 x 7 Fuchs on all four corners. These are restored original 911 wheels, not repros. The fronts in these photos are using the adapter plates that I am also selling. The rears are using 1" spacer on the left and 7/8" spacer on the right (hand assembly of the flares is not perfect, you know).

Tires are 195/65-15 Michelin Pilots.

Before disassembly, I laid a straight edge along the tire sidewalls (car on the ground) and measured 1" clearance between the straight edge and the fender lip. It actually looks closer than that to the eye, because the straight edge tilts in because of the camber.

Click to view attachment
BajaXJ92
Awesome thanks for the pics! If they are still available I will paypal you the money immediately!

-Adam
jk76.914
Parts are still available. Please re-read the original post. I edited it to clarify that I am only selling front rotors and calipers, not all four corners for $100.

Jim
jk76.914

All sold. Thanks, Adam!

Good luck with the project. Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.