Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fyrebraid Plug Wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I just replaced my 1.7 plug wires with Fyrebraid plug wires. Just got back from a test run. Can't believe how much better it runs! Plus I like the red wire look too! They look great!
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 30 2011, 06:41 PM) *

I just replaced my 1.7 plug wires with Fyrebraid plug wires. Just got back from a test run. Can't believe how much better it runs! Plus I like the red wire look too! They look great!

I have added picture above. I like how the wires stand up away from the heat of engine.
ripper911
I'm looking at buying new plug wires soon, where do you get these and how much are they. If you say they are worth the money, they're probably more than usual.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 31 2011, 10:54 AM) *

I'm looking at buying new plug wires soon, where do you get these and how much are they. If you say they are worth the money, they're probably more than usual.

Here is the link:

http://www.automotion.com/ignition-wires-f...-1955-1976.html

I see you live in Power Springs. I live in Clayton, Georgia. If you are ever up this way, stop by for a beer and we can talk teeners!

I have 73 1.7 original owner.

Terry
ripper911
Sounds great beerchug.gif I'm always here, let me work out the issues I'm having now before any longish trips though.
underthetire
Not much more than stock at all ! I thought from the title they would be over 100 bucks!
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 31 2011, 01:18 PM) *

Not much more than stock at all ! I thought from the title they would be over 100 bucks!

I am sorry the title was misleading. Here is another picture from the distributor side.

VaccaRabite
Are they spiral wound wires, or just standard core wires? Are they larger diameter then stock?
If there was a change it may have just been you needed new wires. Whats the difference between these and other aftermarket wires?

Zach
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 31 2011, 03:47 PM) *

Are they spiral wound wires, or just standard core wires? Are they larger diameter then stock?
If there was a change it may have just been you needed new wires. Whats the difference between these and other aftermarket wires?

Zach

Hi Zach

There is no doubt that I needed new wires! I like the fact they are stiff and don't just lay on the engine.

To answer all your questions, here is the link to their website. I am sure it can answer all your tech questions.

http://www.karlynsti.com/Folders/Karlyn_ST...n_Wire_Sets.htm

Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.