Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: air compressor will not atart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
WTF.gif WTF.gif I have a two weeks old air compressor from hf, the pneumatic 21 gallons, it will not start in the middle of priming. it spins and the circuit beaker goes off. if i remove the pressure valve then it starts. any ideas? is anyone here using this POS?
wingnut86
I remember seeing posts related to that and a few other models.

They all complained of a high slag content inside the tank, blocking the pressure from release, etc. Once removed it ran flawlessly - Frikkin little Ninja's inside it beer.gif

Is there a large enough drain plug for you to open and shine a high output light into?

Not sure if a magnet extension would work, but what the hell, see what you can attract.

confused24.gif

QUOTE(ppetion @ Jul 31 2011, 07:22 PM) *

WTF.gif WTF.gif I have a two weeks old air compressor from hf, the pneumatic 21 gallons, it will not start in the middle of priming. it spins and the circuit beaker goes off. if i remove the pressure valve then it starts. any ideas? is anyone here using this POS?

914itis
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Jul 31 2011, 07:49 PM) *

I remember seeing posts related to that and a few other models.

They all complained of a high slag content inside the tank, blocking the pressure from release, etc. Once removed it ran flawlessly - Frikkin little Ninja's inside it beer.gif

Is there a large enough drain plug for you to open and shine a high output light into?

Not sure if a magnet extension would work, but what the hell, see what you can attract.

confused24.gif

QUOTE(ppetion @ Jul 31 2011, 07:22 PM) *

tha hole are so small I can't see insie the tank.
underthetire
I use one, the 110 one. Never had problem one with it. I'm betting the re-start pressure relief valve inside the switch is clogged or sticking. This causes a dead head on start, blowing your breaker.
dangrouche
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentI have this 110volt 21 gallon HF one as well; ran very well for first 18 months, then it suddenly kept kicking off and I had to reset the circuity breaker. The culprit was the relay. I substituted a blade-type fuse and holder instead of the relay and it solved the problem. You will have to string the wiring outside so that you can replace the fuse. I could not find this relay for cheap nor could I find it stocked anywhere. I think I was running it continuously too much and the circuitry got too hot and the plastic melted slightly. Has run smoothly since.
914itis
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 31 2011, 08:18 PM) *

I use one, the 110 one. Never had problem one with it. I'm betting the re-start pressure relief valve inside the switch is clogged or sticking. This causes a dead head on start, blowing your breaker.

The on / off switch?
dangrouche
this is not the o/off switch; mine is red knob that you pull up to start the compressor. This is the relay somewhere on your shrouding, besides your on off swith. This is basically a temperature sensitive relay that kicks the power off when the unit gets too hot from running continuously too much. if you only had the unit for two weeks, bring it back and try to get a new one. these things are made in China and are really light duty.
914itis
oh well, I will return that crap in the morning. I know i may be fighting them since I don't need that brand anymore. I am not sure what is their policy for selling garbage, but I may have to fight it with amex. we will seee what happen.
underthetire
QUOTE(ppetion @ Jul 31 2011, 06:20 PM) *

The on / off switch?

If it's like mine, there is a small line going to the on off lever switch pressure switch assembly. When the compressor shuts off, it relieves the pressure from the cylinder. Without it working it will dead head and blow at start up. Mine is the vertical tank one.
914itis
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 31 2011, 10:57 PM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Jul 31 2011, 06:20 PM) *

The on / off switch?

If it's like mine, there is a small line going to the on off lever switch pressure switch assembly. When the compressor shuts off, it relieves the pressure from the cylinder. Without it working it will dead head and blow at start up. Mine is the vertical tank one.

I have a 9 gallon vertical, my son gave it to me for Xmas. I didn't use it until may, I had the same issue from the start. It was too late to return it, figured I got a bad one. I went and got a new 221 gallons 10 volts, Have it for a few weeks, was working fine until today. if feels as the engine is having hard time turning, then blows the beaker. if i persist, they blow my house's breaker. same symptoms on both.

I am getting a craftsman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.