Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just got the TypeIV from Chris C, going in the 356
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fuch toy
Chris was nice enuff to schlep the 2.4/4 motor all the way from SmelLA to Santa Barbara......

Now gotta pull the flywheel and send it to RIMCO to machine it for a 6Volt ring gear....should be running soon.

If the 914 s/s header sytem does not fit, it will be for sale, inbcludes a flat Dyuno Max muffler and stubbies that bolt onto the heads and the headers bolt on to them....any takers?
seanery
Zois,

I may be interested. How much?
Bleyseng
Me too! Sean go to the back of the line!
Geoff
seanery
If my eyes are correct, it looks like I'm at the front of the line finger.gif
Bleyseng
No, I just passed you on the post count again!
Geoff finger.gif
fuch toy
I will take some pics and post them after I do a trial fit and let ya know....I might get lucky and they will work on a tail dragger configuration....
Britain Smith
How are you going to tackle the cooling issue for your type-IV in the 356? I am doing the same conversion, but in a 912. Let me know how the exhaust turns out also, that is one area that I am little stuck on.

-Britain
seanery
finger.gif finger.gif yeah, but I responded first! finger.gif finger.gif

finger.gif finger.gif
Brad Roberts
He wont tackle a cooling issue.

Zois,

I'll introduce the kid to you sometime this summer.

Britain,

We run engines quite a bit without all the tin in place. Coated headers keep 90% of the heat out of the fan. You looked right into a engine compartment of Julius... with NO tin in place around the engine except the bare minimum needed for the heads/cylinders.

I'm betting Zois slaps it in and hauls ass.

We are in Ca. now. We dont see 115degrees coming off the pavement in NorCal.

B
campbellcj
FWIW the header is a Eurorace setup; similar to the one Mueller posted not too long ago, but an older version I think (?). It is from 1998 but very low miles and great shape. The muffler is a Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40-series. Free flowing but pretty loud. The Dynomax was even louder and I destroyed it while switching to the Flowmaster (don't ask).

Should be a fun project for Mikey.

His new garage/workshop should be a great site for loud, obnoxious gatherings too -- across the street from the little old lady in one direction and the new megabuck yuppie homes in the other direction. happy11.gif
campbellcj
BTW the main reason I did put the tin on my -6 conversion is not for cooling. It was because (especially when the wind blows or there's a major "off") you can suck all kinds of crap up on top of the engine and all over the engine compartment. Tumbleweed pieces, sticks, dead gophers, tire marbles, etc.

I figured I didn't want a piece of tumbleweed getting stuck in my throttle linkage or sucked into the fan...
fuch toy
Here's a pic of the header and muffler
seanery
Zois,

Sorry for the confusion, for some reason I was thinking stainless HE's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.