Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A.A.R. hook up- -75 2.0 d-jet - new runners, a.a.r etc.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
does it make a difference which way is in, and which one is out to the cold start valve.?

here are a few before and afters on this too!

phil

runners were powdercoated gloss silver by Barry in N.C. ,
throttle body and plenum from Detoxcowboy! thanks guys!
Tom
Don't think it matters, but easier to run the one from the plenum to the lower one. Looking good!
Tom
luskesq
Yes, arrow on the valve (on the electrical connector) should point to the passenger side (pg 42 Haynes for D-jet). When I first got my 914 ('70, 1.7) when it was started it had a very strong gas smell. Discovered the valve had been reversed.

Runners look sweet.

Keith
SUNAB914
looks great, don't forget to check with Savannah powder coating for prices.
914_teener
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 4 2011, 08:46 AM) *

What fuel pressure gauge did you use and your source?

Thanks....thinking of doing the same.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 4 2011, 09:53 PM) *

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 4 2011, 08:46 AM) *

What fuel pressure gauge did you use and your source?

Thanks....thinking of doing the same.

Thanks. I got it from advanced auto but I have a better source. That was for a acura. And I had to go to lowed for parts. Go to ecstuning.com under porsche 914 they have one for $29.95

By the way, she started up tonight. !
DRPHIL914
So since I was stripping and repainting the original air cleaner I decided to try this. Actually works good. Idle will be a little higher, it breathes so much easier when accelerating. Along with new t.b. and accelerator cable its so different from before! Once it warms up I think idle will be about 1100rpm. I did not run it long enough to get hit and have the a.a.r. close, but once everything tightened up and I plugged the accessory unused holes on the top of the plenum, idle was fairly smooth, for the first time in 6 months.

I kind of like being able to see the clean runners and compartment.

Now tomorrow-- driving.gif
Tom
Hey Dr. Phil,
In your photo your #3 spark plug wire is running really close to where your MPS should be. That can cause problems. There is currently a thread running about that exact problem. Solution is to run the wire under the intake runner for #3. Glad to hear it's running!
Tom
Edit: here is the thread http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=138759
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Tom @ Aug 7 2011, 11:14 AM) *

Hey Dr. Phil,
In your photo your #3 spark plug wire is running really close to where your MPS should be. That can cause problems. There is currently a thread running about that exact problem. Solution is to run the wire under the intake runner for #3. Glad to hear it's running!
Tom
Edit: here is the thread http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=138759

Tom,
Thanks for the reminder. I knew that but forgot.
will do it.
phil
70-914nut
Thanks for the props Phil the plenum will be on the way tommorrow and it will look a lot better than the one thats on there. It turned out real nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.