Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What, Where?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eck
Where does the wire I have circled go? It wasn't attached to anything so I'm trying to figure out why it wasn't attached and where it should go.

Thanks
Kirk
swl
I believe that goes to the cold start thermoswitch. Visible in this picture on the bottom left of the plenum. Just behind the coldstart valve itself.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=269525

Only used in very cold weather - around freezing or in that neighbourhood.
markb
AAR?
PancakePorsche
QUOTE(Eck @ Aug 6 2011, 07:26 PM) *

Where does the wire I have circled go? It wasn't attached to anything so I'm trying to figure out why it wasn't attached and where it should go.

Thanks
Kirk

For sure the lead for cold start thermo switch. Mine is located just behind the distributor (1973) bracket on plenum.
914_teener
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Aug 6 2011, 09:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Eck @ Aug 6 2011, 07:26 PM) *

Thanks
Kirk

For sure the lead for cold start thermo switch. Mine is located just behind the distributor (1973) bracket on plenum.

Go to Jeff Bowlsby's site.

He has a wiring diagram for the harness.

I agree. Cold start thermoswitch
JFJ914
That looks like the cyl head temp sender wire. It should have a 1/4" male spade conn and a big rectangular plastic insulator on it.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Aug 7 2011, 11:49 AM) *

That looks like the cyl head temp sender wire. It should have a 1/4" male spade conn and a big rectangular plastic insulator on it.

agree.gif

CHT between the injectors and the MPS connector
swl
I don't think so John/Mark. The CHT should be in the first cluster with #3 injector lead.

Jeff Bowlsby has done a great job documenting the harness

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/HarnDia_FI_EA-EB.jpg

CHT is "E" and the thermoswitch is "K".

Interesting though that the CHT lead doesn't show in that picture. Maybe behind the harness itself
Eck
I have a plug for the CHT, that is what has me puzzled. Doesn't the CHT take two wires? This is a single. I'll go to Jeff site and check it out.

Thanks
Kirk
swl
single wire. return path is through engine ground. same thing for the thermo switch
Eck
Steve you got it! It is the Thermotime switch.

Thanks everyone.

Kirk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.