Full Version: How do you rate?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Trekkor
tell us what you got cool_shades.gif
MXMARK
It is not perfect but I like it.
Aaron Cox
mine is almost done...paint is just about ready to be sprayed...and interior is getting replaced
MXMARK
Aaron, I can't wait to see the finished car, Then we can go driving. Mark
sgomes
My project isn't on the list. It's not running right now but it's better than a parts car.
red914
it has been described as a good "ten foot " car. however, i end up looking closer, and i live in fear of the rust demons. they bring me nightmares...
mightyohm
What do you call a car that looks like a daily driver but breaks every time you try to drive it?

biggrin.gif
tracks914
Only thing left to do on it is to upgrade the shifting mechansms. All works great, all restored original, complete even the engine, except one crack on the dash, but I have to fix the "bungee cord wrapped around a 2x4" feel for shifting. I keep knicking reverse and sometimes go from 2nd to 5th. (bog) I haven't seen any new '72 shift levers for sale and have changed all the bushings but still..... MDB2.gif
I'm having too much fun driving it to tear it apart just now, maybe this fall.
tracks914
I forgot the picture.
Joe Ricard
Doesn't really matter. I gave Rob a ride to 105 MPH by the speedo today. Maybe a little more was there but ran up on traffic. mueba.gif 4400 RPM with 205/60-15. aktion035.gif

Plus it put the biggest grin on both our faces ripping it up in the high school parking lot.

Early 1.7L D-jet exiting through 2.0L SSI and Bursch.
Neal
76 2.0, kept in the family so all the demons are known
Neal
my picture was before rear bilsteins replaced the KYB's, rear end sits pretty level now.
best feature 400 watt jenson amp with sub and eclipse deck.Driven daily by my dad from 76 to 81, then my wife from 81 to 86, garaged till 99 then I resurected. My car with all it's charm

Neal headbang.gif
Joe Ricard
Oh yea specs. Duh
Best feature? RECARO SRD!! aktion035.gif
Next. Weltmiester front sway bar beer.gif
rear stock size bar.
Koni red externally adjustable F/R
150 rear springs bigger torsion bars up front
better pads in stock calipers
Side shift that is smooth and tight MDB2.gif
and the # 1 best thing NO RADIO! NO CARPETS pray.gif
Andyrew
Joe, I gotta get me some of those white circles..

They just SCREAMS race!

I'll put numbers on em.. with the class (lol unimited...) on the side. If the person knows whats in it (v8.. 2.5l or bigger..) They will either give thumbs, or steer clear! biggrin.gif

BTW, I really like your car.
i love porsche
mines not on the list, not driveable but not a parts car
krk
So you asked about my main project -- well -- it's a1960 Eichler -- which is rust free, but I have had to deal with termite damage -- I ignored that for the purposes of answering the poll -- laugh.gif -- so I described the state of my 70 /6.

If you're in the US, happy 4th!

If you're not, have a great weekend celebrating whatever is cool in your space!

(and I'm guilty of missing a canada day wish -- doh!)

kim.
skline
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Jul 3 2004, 05:14 PM)
What do you call a car that looks like a daily driver but breaks every time you try to drive it?

biggrin.gif

Mine!
WoMBaT
QUOTE(skline @ Jul 4 2004, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Jul 3 2004, 05:14 PM)

biggrin.gif

Mine!

Scott,

You SO beat me too it!

-Dan
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(MXMARK @ Jul 3 2004, 04:05 PM)
Aaron, I can't wait to see the finished car, Then we can go driving. Mark

we an go driving in 2 weeks. thats when i get my trailing arms back from eric shea....i got me them fance falken azenis tires.....and a tarett sway bar, watch out. ill be all over you in them turns mark biggrin.gif
redshift
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 3 2004, 04:06 PM)

Screwed, like an imported whore.

M
Martin Baker
silver2.0
[QUOTE]What do you call a car that looks like a daily driver but breaks every time you try to drive it?[QUOTE]

You call it a 914.
thesey914
QUOTE(redshift @ Jul 4 2004, 07:26 AM)
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 3 2004, 04:06 PM)

Screwed, like an imported whore.

M

Not to digress too far from this thread but what was the result of all your car troubles ???
Eddie Williams
You left off totaly disassembled. I'm just about ready for paint. Lot's of travel the last two years for work, have slowed my progress. But I have a head of steam, so I should be making more progress this summer. Hopefully painted and start the reassembling this fall and winter.
Trekkor
Totally disassembled...That's a parts car! lol2.gif lol2.gif

jester.gif I apologize.
Well up into a few hours ago! headbang.gif
turboman808
Mine should be looking pretty good in the next month or so. I still have a long list of things I want to do to it.

priorities from most important to least.

CCW wheels-probably over the next few months

Wevo gearbox-I would like to do this over the winter

Custom interior including custom gauges and emergency brake-I will do this stuff as I go. Lots of leather and vintage parts.

Then finally bring motor to RSR specs-couple of years

Gonna do this over a few years since it will be mucho expensive.
championgt1
74 2.0 In pretty darn good shape. I still am always working on it though. Are'nt we all!! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

*kennyd*914
Mine could use a new targa seal, but who's couldn't?
Brew
Mine's a beater, with rust issues, dented door, broken door handle, bad upholstery, misaligned headlights, worn out suspension, and iffy brakes.

But it fires up every day, and takes the abuse of me driving it like I hate it!! aktion035.gif
azbill
After 3 or 4 years of a money pit its done all the rust issues were taken care of. The engine is dialed-in and its a kick to drive.
dw914er
been in the process of colorsanding right now. also need to fix a trunk mount.

after that, only slight surface rust, nice clean original interior, and was my daily driver about a year ago
JRust
Just finished 5-lug & sideshift swap. Need to do a tuneu-up on the bucik 215 v8 though. I have a little popping on decel. Still I've put a whopping 200 miles on it this week. Thats a new record as I've only had it about 4 months now. Been on stands the last 2. Not quite daily driver status but getting pretty close smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
I think mine looks great but it will always be my AX project. There's always something you can do biggrin.gif
East coaster
Don't see one that fits.............you tell me?

Click to view attachment
degreeoff
A work in progress but a greatlooking work IMHO!

Click to view attachment
Nor.Cal.914
"Driveable but ugly, unreliable" is the only one that really works, but mine is driveable (usually) happy11.gif not ugly to me biggrin.gif but unreliable, yes! dry.gif

It's sitting in the garage immobile in its current state.
Nor.Cal.914
davesclassicvws
I would call mine a nice 10 footer.
The hard part is avoiding the temptaion to pull it apart and redo everything. I bought my 75 (from Craig @ camp 914) after dumping a but load of money into a 73 that didn't seem to be getting anywhere. I wanted to drive not spend all my time and money restoring. I would rather enjoy the car by driving it.
I'm not saying I don't try to improve on the car where I can. I do have to admit there is a paint job in my future.
J P Stein
Functional.
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

You tell me what group it fits in. I spent a good part of my Sunday sanding a few spots. I need to fix a
flaw in one of the light covers and then it will be time for paint.
PeeGreen 914
Hey Billy

Just thought I'd make sure you had the inner lips on the upper portion of your flares are as thin as you can make them without risk of being too weak. That way you will be able to push your wheels out properly. I had to take about an inch and a half off my flares to make it look right.
PanelBilly
How much of a lip did you leave? Aren't your flairs glass? Anybody else have any comments on how much I should trim them. These are the steel ones that AA sells.
jimkelly
i love them both equally : )
PeeGreen 914
Oh.... maybe you don't want to trim them since they are reall. I left a 1/8" lip at the very top and left the extra material where I knew it wouldn't rub. Just wanted to keep at the riggedity while making the most tire space I could.
eg914
I think you need a daily driver in a state of arrested (somewhat) decay option. That describes mine reasonably well. Mine is driven daily, is reliable, and looks good from 10 20 feet, especially if you squint, or if the lighting is really low (night time)
orange914
just when you think it's safe to go out.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JPB
Good for short bursts of robust driving. Never leave home without AAA in back pocket beer.gif
Nolongermusclecars
74 1.8 Good reliable driver (thus far)... it turns heads..... but still gets backed into at the super market.... I like it and drive it everyday since i bought it in spring.... i wouldn't want it any nicer then it is.... then i would worry more then drive it....
6freak
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 23 2008, 11:59 PM) *

Looks like a died cat on top of the old engine av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.