Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5-lug / Big Brake (front) Update Package
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ArtechnikA
"Some Assembly Required" but all the important bits.

Used parts:
=======
2 (L+R) 3-1/2" Brake Saddle early (pinch-bolt) ball joint struts.
2 (L+R) 914.6 / 911 5-lug hubs
2 8614-1077 Koni Adjustable Gas Dampers - 914 valving.
2 (L+R) 911S calipers with low-miles early 930 pads.
2 trochoid-pattern slotted vented disks. Some surface rust from storage but no wear ring.

New:
===
Not shown but included: 2 911s caliper rebuild kits, including Stomski stainless pistons. 2 sets (as required for S calipers) Speed Bleeders.

You will need: new bearings in the hubs. Disk mounting hardware. Bearing thrust washers and clamp nuts. Dust covers unless I find a pair, in which case they're included. Short brake hardline (FLAPS).

I have never seen a set of struts like this before: some clever and skilled person took a pair of Boge hydropneumatic struts and welded in a Koni-mount threaded collar. It looks an excellent weld job - I didn't notice it until I was pulling off the gland nut to extract the dampers - which explains a bit, since I didn't believe there were any big-brake pinchbolt Boge struts - turns out there aren't - except this pair. Interesting what you find.

$350 plus shipping - this stuff is heavy, sorry.
Can deliver to the PaDelMarVa pool party August 27

Click to view attachment
Type 4 Unleashed
I'll take it all.

Will send PM
41ghost
I'm second in line if they don't sell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.