Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What calipers for rear vented rotors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_1.8t
I just picked up a rear 5lug converison complete with trailing arms. Just boleted the arms in.

The problem is that my calipers wont fit the vented rotors that the conversion came with headbang.gif
What caliper can I get to work with the vented rotors?

Or am I better off getting 5 bolt rotors that are not vented? Are 914-6 rotors vented or will they work with stock 914-4 calipers.

Appreciate any advice/help.
Chris914n6
You can get spacers for the stock calipers.
You can use 914-6 rear rotors.
You can use the appropriate 911 rear caliper.

The most practical is the 914-6 rotors since you don't really need the vented rears on a -4. On a V8 I would do spacers to keep the parking brake with the vented rotors and use an aftermarket proportioning valve.

Chris
JFJ914
agree.gif

Or if your /4 rotors are good, just drill the new 5 hole pattern in them. By the way, I used the /6 rotors.
neo914-6
Chris is right on
-There is a guy on this board building spacers
-I'm not sure where to get 914-6 rotors
-if you use the 911 caliper then you will need to adapt the 911 ebrake or find an alternative ebrake - mechanical, line lock, etc...

Good luck,
Felix
914_1.8t
Thaks for you relies.

I think i'll try to drill my /4 rotors.
If that doesn't work out, i'll pick up a set of the /6 rotors from Pelican Parts.
914gem
I have the 10mm spacers and O-rings for the rear 914 calipers.
thesey914
914GEM Did you have these made?
Do you have any more?
Can we see a picture?
davep
search for the thread:

914-4 rear brakes with vented rotor, does anybody have/make/sell the spacers?

I should be picking up additional items from the machine shop in a few days. I am having the hub spacers, the caliper spacers and the longer pad pins made. To get the longer bolts and the additional O-rings you may need to find a set of scrap 911 rear vented calipers. The O-rings are a 311 part and may still be available from VW. I cleaned out one warehouse a few years ago. The bolts are very hard to find: 7mm x 70mm. As soon as I can get pictures of the final parts I'll post in the resources section. I still don't know my costs, but hope to find out this week. Like most projects, this has taken several years plus a couple of months working with the machine shop.

DaveP
thesey914
Nice work Dave....I had in the back of my mind that somebody was making some spacers.
I think you will get a lot of interest. Even if they're not really necessary.....who can resist 914 candy rolleyes.gif
davep
The kit for modifying 914/4 calipers to fit 20mm vented rotors is now in the Resources section.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.