Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Complete lock set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
perrysan
I'm tired of carrying multiple keys (and the ignition key only working if the key has a certain side facing up), so I'm in the market for a full replacement set. If possible I'd like to get everything - Doors, glovebox, trunks, and ignition. Anybody have a complete set for sale? My car is a 73 if that matters. Thanks.

-Rob
markb
QUOTE(perrysan @ Aug 9 2011, 02:18 PM) *

I'm tired of carrying multiple keys (and the ignition key only working if the key has a certain side facing up), so I'm in the market for a full replacement set. If possible I'd like to get everything - Doors, glovebox, trunks, and ignition. Anybody have a complete set for sale? My car is a 73 if that matters. Thanks.

-Rob

Have you thought of rekeying the set you have? Look in my signature for a link to the thread on how.
montoya 73 2.0
914 lock re-keying...click here

It works! I tried it after reading and it was spot on! One of the best write ups we have. Great job Mark!
mburkhart
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Aug 9 2011, 07:54 PM) *

914 lock re-keying...click here

It works! I tried it after reading and it was spot on! One of the best write ups we have. Great job Mark!

This was one of the first things I did when I got my 914. It was very easy and one of the most productive things you can spend time on since you're gonna reap the benefit every time you walk out to your car.
perrysan
[/quote]
Have you thought of rekeying the set you have? Look in my signature for a link to the thread on how.
[/quote]

Wow, I totally missed this excellent looking tutorial. I'm going to try it and will be in touch if I get stuck. Thanks for the suggestion & tutorial MarkB!

-Rob
rnellums
If that doesn't work I have a complete set from a 74'. I think the ingition switch may be different, but it fit just fine in my 73'.
-Ross
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.