Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Alfa conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jeroen
"harde auto" means as much as "rust free" (you don't pay extra for the rust biggrin.gif)
Did the seller give you any info on the engine and transmission
Like mentioned, 72 means a 1.7 fuel injected engine and a tailshifter transmission
The side shifter tranny is often called a "2 liter bak" in Dutch.

A side shifter does shift better (less vague) than a tailshifter.
Still a lot depends on the shift bushings etc.

Don't rush into anything you're gonna regret.
You seriously need to educate yourself about these little cars
Go drive a couple. Try different ones. Don't be lured in by the price (a low price often has a reason)

You'll often find that the owners/sellers know as little or even less than you do about these cars and they will come up with all sorts of bullshit stories and make-believe-upgrades which are usually down-grades or crappy repairs...

cheers,

Jeroen
Powaqqatsi
Nope he didn't mention anything about the transmission (I never asked anything about it..). But I'm still waiting for his reply to my question if I could come over and take a look at it.

A question I have here: the specs page on this site (914 Info) says that there never was a 1972 2.0 4-cyl ? Production of this type started in 1973, right ?

All I can do for now is wait for answers. I also found a few cars in Belgium, inlcuding a six-cylinder for 6500 euro, the only problem with that car is that it seems to be disassembled for I reason I do not know (yet). But the seller does claim that it has a re-build engine. Is there any way of knowing whether it is indeed rebuild or not ? Just look at the "cleanness" of the engine ?
Jeroen
Nope... Unless he has an invoice for the work done on the engine, you won't know
Know that any 6 cylinder will have a mileage of between 1:5 and 1:7 (1 liter to x km's)
Also, if you need to rebuild that engine, count on doubling the price of the car rolleyes.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.