Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's single best 914 purchase you've ever made?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
IronHillRestorations
Lawrence,

No problem getting you new bungees, just let me know when you need them. You should be able to have a local upholstery shop sew them in. You can always send it back and have me do it, but as high as shipping has gotten, it's your call. Unless you leave it on, outside they'll last a very long time.

MikeZ,

I do now make one for a 911 Targa, it's $25 more ($135), but like the 914 cover, I pay shipping.

The best purchase?? It's a hard one, probably my lift in the shop. It's saved my knees.

PK cool.gif
jfort
It wasn't cheap, but I really like the RennShift. Every shift is much more precise. And I thank my previous owner, Jim Chambers, for the short gears. One expects to be set back on a shift to 2nd, but to have it for 3, 4 and 5 -- well, it just brings joy to my life.
shoguneagle
The single best item (purchase???) for the 914 did not cost anything. It is this board and the information and "advice" you get along with the people you meet. Best deal in town!

Steve Hurt
Jenny
odd question... what do people use the umbrella cover for? short term parking, or long? If long term, why not a full car cover? I always heard this was a good product, never thought to question why it was. Testimonial?

Jen
anthony
I put my car cover on and off the car. It takes 30 seconds.
GaroldShaffer
I use mine when at Auto X events to keep the sun and bird pain30.gif out when not running my car.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jul 7 2004, 09:51 AM)
odd question... what do people use the umbrella cover for? short term parking, or long? If long term, why not a full car cover? I always heard this was a good product, never thought to question why it was. Testimonial?

Jen

Great question Jenny!

My cover is waterproof, it's not breathable. From my experience the so called breathable covers will let water (that soaked through the cover) eventually evaporate, but they are not waterproof. My cover takes up less trunk space. If it does get wet, it's not as hard to deal with as a full cover. It's cheaper than a full set of roof seals, and even if you've got all new seals there's no guarantee that they won't leak. If you've got a 914-6 it keeps rain water out of your engine bay. Generally speaking, it's easier for the female 914 drivers to put this on, than the roof; for quick stops. I don't endorse doing it, but I've had customers who have accidentally got rained on with the Umbrella Cover, and with the roof in the trunk, and it still kept the interior dry.

I guess I could've done a "Latenight" top ten list. Didn't want to turn this into a "Umbrella Cover" thread, anymore than it has.

PK cool.gif
skline
My best purchase was the 125.00 I spent for brand new Euro tail light lenses. Of course, it was back in 82. Now they are 145.00 each. I guess currently the best purchase for my 914 was the NOS rear quarter panel for $75.00 from D&G last year. I only needed half of it so it hurt a little cutting it in 2 pieces. I needed the sail panel and the front half of the panel to remove 3 pounds of bondo and rust from my car.
redshift
I bought a 74 2.0 with all options and 42k for $450, drove it home, and buffed off the Ford Interior Blue, drove it another 135k, and sold it when I got this piece of shit.

M
Jenny
Thanks Perry. I'll probably be contacting you soon. cool_shades.gif

Jen
Eric_Shea
1. This Board
2. MAP Torch... Hands down!
3. My $300.00 tub swap that netted me about $2k in parts (sorry Karl) wink.gif

Speaking of parts... if any club members see anything they need and there's no bids on it I'll pull it.
Neal
Front sway bar from Dave Said..... night and fricken day !

Neal
jim_hoyland
My best purchase was a second 914 top. One has the traditional black color; the second is the car's color.
tesserra
Best purchase was my first 914.
76 2.0 with 89,000 orig miles, everything worked, ran a fresh tank of gas through it and it passed CA smog! NO cracks on the dash, etc, etc $500.00 !!!
Got it from one of those donatate your car for the tax deduction places.
Took it auto-xing and got hooked.

George
sanman
set of (real) 5 lug fuch 2 15x6's and 2 15x7's $75 all four
paid 150 for a set of riveras oh well you live and you learn
GWN7
Tennessee...the $200 buy it now car from Ebay.....Fuchs, 916 bumpers, Momo wheel, FG hood (gone now) and the car is a almost rust free Cali car originaly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.