Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car care
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
don9146
There were a few new car care products out the last time I went to visit my FLAPS.
Maguire's has a new rubber/vinyl clean and care product. I don't know if it is silicone based like Armor All (I have been warned about putting any silicone based protectant on rubber) or if there is a "tried and true" product people swear by. This is going on my bumpers so I don't want the deep glossy look, just something to make them look nice and prevent oxidation and UV damage.
There was also a "clean your dusty car" wash (maybe from Eagle-One?) to give your car a quick cleaning if it had been sitting in the garage for a while. I don't think water was needed for the wash, which had me a little worried wacko.gif .
And has anyone had any luck with the one-step car wash and waxes?

Thanks for the responses,
Don
tod914
There was also a "clean your dusty car" wash (maybe from Eagle-One?) to give your car a quick cleaning if it had been sitting in the garage for a while

Only problem I can see with those type of products is, you are moving a damp cloth over paint with dust. I would think the dust would act like an abrassive on the paint. Unless you patt it and not wipe, might be ok.

About 6 months ago there was a thread on rubber care. Some members where using sometype of surf board product. A rubber conditioner or something. Sounds like a good way to go. Id like to try that too.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...2257&hl=vinalex

Do a search anydate "vinalex" 2 come up
anthony
For the look you ant get the Meguires Professional #40.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.