Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early window regulator replacements?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
21783mike
The window regulator in my 72 is non op. Is it possible to replace it with the newer scissor style or should I make an attempt to repair the cable style one which is there?
21783mike
BTT
Dave_Darling
You can install the newer regulator if you install a newer door. If not that, you can cut out all of the bits where the new regulator mounts from a newer door, and weld them into your older door.

It's a whole lot easier to just fix the cable lift.

--DD
TargaToy
Do a search on this site. I've looked too because I have a set of newer doors and hope to do the same conversion. You'll find good info in the old threads.
21783mike
After a brief investigation I may just need the button.... I found reference to them in a few other threads but no source mentioned for them.
I have the regulator unbolted, just haven't figured out how to worm it out of the door frame yet to look closer to see if the tang the button goes on is fully intact.
I'll get back to that once the brakes are functional, front calipers weren't bad rebuilding.... rears are a different story dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.