Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with six clutch issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
I have a mysterious recurring issue.
CAr specs:
74 conversion with 3 liter/carburated and 901. Not sure of clutch mfg.
Clutch appears to not be releasing but only after the car gets hot. This happened last year at the track and we adjusted clutch (even changed cable)...it worked for one session; then came back. Got home tore trans out to check pivot bushing all was intact.

Couple weeks ago at AX it started clashing 1st once it go hot. Had it in shop for other issue. Brought it home and drove for thirty minutes to get inital heat cycle on new tires. Once hot it started clashing 1st and reverse...to the point I had to shut it off put in first or reverse. It was fine when cooler but progressed to being uncomfortable.

Clutch adjustment seems too short lived so looking for thoughts on potential issue.
Thanks for the input.
Terry
rgalla9146
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Aug 21 2011, 07:36 AM) *

I have a mysterious recurring issue.
CAr specs:
74 conversion with 3 liter/carburated and 901. Not sure of clutch mfg.
Clutch appears to not be releasing but only after the car gets hot. This happened last year at the track and we adjusted clutch (even changed cable)...it worked for one session; then came back. Got home tore trans out to check pivot bushing all was intact.

Couple weeks ago at AX it started clashing 1st once it go hot. Had it in shop for other issue. Brought it home and drove for thirty minutes to get inital heat cycle on new tires. Once hot it started clashing 1st and reverse...to the point I had to shut it off put in first or reverse. It was fine when cooler but progressed to being uncomfortable.

Clutch adjustment seems too short lived so looking for thoughts on potential issue.
Thanks for the input.
Terry

I'd check the clutch guide tube in the tunnel.
Proly broken loose from its mounts. Any funny noises when you floor the clutch pedal ? ( engine off ) Look up repair methods in the forums
sixaddict
Hate to be a DA but how to check tube mounting
Dave_Darling
Pull up the center tunnel carpet so you can look through the gap in the gear shift lever assembly and the holes in the top of the tunnel. Look for a tube inside the tunnel that moves left and right when you push on the clutch pedal.

Also look under the car where the cable comes out of the center tunnel while someone else pushes the clutch pedal. The tube may move around at the firewall.

Movement in either place is a bad sign and means some welding is in your near future.

--DD
sixaddict
Dave :

Thanks for the help.......

Terry

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 21 2011, 07:03 PM) *

Pull up the center tunnel carpet so you can look through the gap in the gear shift lever assembly and the holes in the top of the tunnel. Look for a tube inside the tunnel that moves left and right when you push on the clutch pedal.

Also look under the car where the cable comes out of the center tunnel while someone else pushes the clutch pedal. The tube may move around at the firewall.

Movement in either place is a bad sign and means some welding is in your near future.

--DD

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.