Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: foglight rewire trick?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thestigz06
Howdy all,
i been having trouble with the foglight rewire tick (running foglight with the headlights down) can anyone explain it to me again?
dlestep
QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Aug 22 2011, 12:31 PM) *

Howdy all,
i been having trouble with the foglight rewire tick (running foglight with the headlights down) can anyone explain it to me again?

...on my '73, I simply supplied power to the fog lights by moving the power source from aft side of the switch to the forward power source. (power to the fog in the first switch position).
Bruce Hinds
the fogs are powered off the low beam fuse. I use driving lights so I switched the leads to the high beam fuses.... I'd imaginge just find the fuse that's hot with the key on and you're good to go.
underthetire
If you don't mind spending 25 bucks, the Jwest kit is really nice. Good instructions as well. I do like the flash to pass feature as well.
elmonte
http://members.rennlist.com/demick/fogrewire.html

Cheers
Black22
agree.gif That's those are the instructions I used. My fogs can be used with or w/o the headlights being on. Also if the fogs are on by themselves, pulling back on the turn signal stalk turns them off momentarily to "flash" other drivers. They will also turn off if the high beam headlights are engaged. Perfect for my needs.
SirAndy
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 22 2011, 11:00 AM) *

If you don't mind spending 25 bucks, the Jwest kit is really nice. Good instructions as well. I do like the flash to pass feature as well.

agree.gif
jim_hoyland
Is there a wiring diagram available showing how the JWest fog light flash is installed ? I bought one used at the G & R swapmeet, but the instruction were gone. sad.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 22 2011, 07:47 PM) *

Is there a wiring diagram available showing how the JWest fog light flash is installed ? I bought one used at the G & R swapmeet, but the instruction were gone. sad.gif

I know I kept mine, but where I kept it is a different story. I'll dig around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.