Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where is this suppose to be?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
opera guy
ok, right by the battery in my 73 2.0 there is this thing (see pics) just lying there. it looks like it's suppose to be bolted somewhere.

can someone please tell me what it does, and where it suppose to be bolted? be great if you have a pic of this thing bolted to its proper place. for now, its just loose, not bolted on anything.
opera guy
pic 2
Martin Baker
Manifold Pressure Sensor. It should be on a mounting bracket, attached to the right side of the engine compartment, just below where it's lying now. Not really a great thing for it to just be flying around loose in the engine compartment, as it's one of the most important componets of your fuel inj. system.
Joe Ricard
I would also get some clamps put on the fuel lines. Is that the fuel pressure regulator next to the MPS? there is a pedestal o the other side of the engine that it attaches to with a big nut on the threaded end.
Martin Baker
That's the decel valve, it would have mounted in the same place under the forward most bolt, for the MPS.
ChrisFoley
You can just see the edge of the mounting location in the picture. It's the sheet metal piece welded onto the suspension console. The metal bracket (painted black)that attaches it has three slots where rubber grommets with brass inserts go that the screws go through. The bracket is hard mounted to the MPS and grommet mounted to the chassis almost exactly where the unit is now.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jul 10 2004, 03:53 AM)
I would also get some clamps put on the fuel lines.

and while you're in there, replace those crappy clamps with the right kind of fuel-injection clamps ...

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.