Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master cylinder sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
peteyd
I just installed a 19mm MC in my car, but the sensor has only one male prong on it. I need a two pronged sensor.

Is there a source for new ones? Or does someone have any good condition used ones?

Click to view attachment
Valy
You can use the single ended one. It grounds itself through the body so the brown wire should be left unconnected.
peteyd
Ok great!

Thanks Valy!
Valy
QUOTE(peteyd @ Aug 30 2011, 12:22 PM) *

Ok great!

Thanks Valy!

One more thing:
There are 2 version of this single ended switch:

1. will make contact and light up when the pressure drops but will shut-off afterwards. Try to avoid this.
Click to view attachment

2. will make contact and when the pressure drops and will remain that way until you press the reset switch. Note the black bump next to the electrical contact. Its a rubber boot over the reset switch.
This is the one you want for your safety as the pressure drop will not go unnoticed.
Click to view attachment
kenrinc
Sorry to stir this one up but I can't believe I even found a post on it! Everyone has been telling me different.

I got a new master cylinder as the OP did and my original was a 2 prong switch. I just swapped out the single prong on my new one for the old 2 prong because I assumed the old one was more complex. The 2 prong sensor does not have a reset button. I can't seem to stop the brake warning lights from flashing and people keep telling me to reset the switch. I can't reset the switch because there is no switch!! Its just a plastic divider and I have not been able to figure out how to reset it. One person mentioned that there was some procedure of pressing the pedal all the way down or something?

After reading this I'll just install the single prong sensor since I know I can reset it.

Ken-
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Valy @ Aug 30 2011, 12:32 PM) *

This is the one you want for your safety as the pressure drop will not go unnoticed.

I've experienced the pressure drop once. Trust me, it won't go unnoticed... Something about the pedal going all the way to the floor and the car pretty much not slowing down at all kinda makes you notice.

I pumped the pedal once, and had brakes. But I blew my braking point for turn 1, and did the rest of the lap kind of slowly until I could exit the track...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.