Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type IV header
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fuch toy
Well it looks like the 914 header CAN be turned around and fit....almost.....I will need some shims and ticker gaskets. The only problem is that one pipe comes in contact with the oil sender on the bottom of the motor.

Whew...that's gonna save me a few bucks. MDB2.gif
Gint
Will a Kerry Hunter turn around backwards? Seems like with the design the way it is (slip fit into the collector), you could maybe just leave a tube a little short in the collector to make up for a slight bit of length difference? Not having a 2.0/4 here to look at, it's pure WAG...
fuch toy
Well this one...has stubbies and they are flanged without and angle, so turn it 180 degrees bass ackwards worked. I even got an old supertrapp that bolts right up.....

Just a little less obnoxious than that flowmaster....anyone want it? FREE....
Gint
Just a little less obnoxious than that flowmaster....anyone want it? FREE....

When can you deliver it?
fuch toy
Come get it.....glass of bleach is on the house.... blink.gif
fuch toy
Kind of looks like the one Tangerine sells....
fuch toy
Not really, when I look at it....side by side...
Britain Smith
Where did you get that header, that would work perfectly in my 912 conversion? What is this about the supertrap? Did it mount on that header? Can you post a few more pics of the set-up and details on where you got it from?

-Britain
fuch toy
You'd have to ask Chris Campbell about the header.
http://www.nosubstitute.org/914/racecar/images/engine/

His site calls it a Eurorace 4 into one.....never heard of it....
fuch toy
Here's his pic.....
campbellcj
I never did figure out exactly who Eurorace is/was, but they apparently make various engine and exhaust parts for the VW and NARP air-cooled crowd. The stuff was also sold thru FAT.
Brad Roberts
You dont want one Britain...

You can NOT mount a deep sump or a tuna can on the bottom of the engine.

B
fuch toy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 24 2003, 07:59 PM)
You dont want one Britain...

You can mount a deep sump or a tuna can on the bottom of the engine.

B

Well, you could do a tuna can...but you would need to do a little surgery on that one bend....

As it is...I am going to have to dimple one pipe to clear the oil sender....
Britain Smith
Yea, I see the problems.

Also, my car is so low that I am going to need something that is tucked a little higher and routed around the engine to the back passenger side so I can mount a muffler around the back for the outlet on the driver side.

What is a tuna can? Do you suggest I get a deepsump?

-Britain
ChrisFoley
It looks like the collector will stick out the back of a 356, let alone the Supertrapp. Not to mention the ground clearance issues with using a header like that on a rear engine car. You'll have to keep the ride height at about 8" to avoid tearing the header off at every speed bump. rolleyes.gif
Gint
What is a tuna can? Do you suggest I get a deepsump?

Picture of the \"tuna can\" Courtesy of Campbell
It replaces the sump plate. Cheap, easy alternative to a "true" deep sump.
fuch toy
I slow for speed bumps and drive ways.....as to the supertrap....think 90 degree bend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.