Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why I Love My Valentine......."1" that is....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Well....I was minding my own bidness coming back from UC Berkeley ....cruising at about 90mph on the I5 just north Of Coalinga.....no mans land.......the only blip on the horizon was the cloud of stink above the Cattle feed lot.....

Anyhow, in my mirror I see what appears to be a black Mustang doing warp nine coming up on my buttocks......now the CHP USED to run these cars as interceptors and some of the Podunk PDs still do. The threat detector has not gone off and there has been no eye in the sky.....but I back it off anyways to about five over the 70 MPH speed limit.......

He blasts past and I see it's a civilian car....5.0 with a high and tight Marine driver.......I put my foot in it and before I can get up to speed a BMW 330 two door with all wheel drive passes me at about 110......

Woof......wind it up and hit a buck/30 and reel them in.....we play bumper tag for about 15 minutes and then my "Spidey Sense" says back off......

I tap the brakes and at the same time on the the other side I see the distinctive front end of a Crown Vic...... the Ka band warning pegs and the CHP hits the binders, locks it up, crosses the median and gives chase.......I am already in the right lane doing the 72 and he passes me without a look,,,,,,,

Phew.......

Both the Marine and the Yuppie get yanked over and I don't even look as I pass bye......

Hmmmm, time for some gas and a sandwhich......

Thank you Mr. Valentine......
URY914
Modern technology is a great thing. happy11.gif

Paul
dakotaewing
OK,
so a buck 30 is all the "wild thang" can do, so you have already put her up for sale....? That did'nt take you long..... LOL cool_shades.gif
Thom
mightyohm
Yeah, CHP used to run those 5.0s, just like mine. Someone buy it.

(Shameless plug.)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...ST&f=24&t=14277
Joe Bob
I was cruising in Old Blue. Wyld Thang is up for sale because I want to make room for a 68 vette,,,,,

As for "only" 130...well it WAS a public road. Old Blue has hit 148 on radar at the front straight of Willow Springs.....
John2kx
Mike,

Your story reminded me of my first race about two years ago. I'd been cruising the streets for several months looking for something to run in my 350 powered 914. The wife and I went out for a cruise new years eve, prior to dark, and spotted a silver Firehawk with dark tinted windows in traffic. I could tell by his exhaust that it had been worked on. I said "likely canidate" to the squash and she gave the nod.

We both weaved through traffic for several minutes until a opening was available. Six lane highway out by the airport but posted speed limit was 35. We find our hole and punch it. The Firehawk is immediately visable in my rear view mirror and the months of wrenching is really feeling worth it all. We run up to 115 before coming up on a hairpin and I back off. I peak in the mirror one more time before entering the turn and notice the silver car has blue lights flashing from his passenger side visor. I glance at the recently aquired radar detector and not a sign of life.

We pull over and I start reaching in pockets for my licence and quickly notice a 40 cal. glock itching to be used in the officers hand. The guy is in street clothes but has a badge hanging around his neck by a chain.

We do the licence and insurance check and his next request is to see what is under the rear deck lid. I expose my freshly built small block and he is all smiles. Says he's never been outrun before.......hands over my documents and tells us to be a little more careful out there.

As I slide my humbled ass into the drivers seat, the bride has to say it......."likely canidate, huh?"

I thought I knew all the typical cop cars used in my area but never saw a Firehawk in action. Be careful when in the state of Ga., and just another reason not to depend on radar detectors as your free ticket to speed.

John
Eric_Shea
Lucky bastards w00t.gif
John2kx
I can remember at least 5 to 1 where I was not as lucky and $$$$ was exchanged for similar activity in my younger years.

At 46, you would think similar occurances would not happen............hmmmmmmm, gearheads.

John
Eric_Shea
Yeah... I got knicked for 140 in Indiana. He had to chase me 4 miles into Michigan to catch me biggrin.gif Cost me $500 in attorney fees to get out. He got me off...errrr he got the ticket written off cool.gif
dbelleperc
CHP also got some new toys, have a look for yourself.biggrin.gif The new warning lights are LED so they don't show until it is too late, and they also have traffic units that have the warning lights inside the car that are also LED. The cars come in traditional black and white as well as just white.
IPB Image
pbanders
V1 rules. Don't leave home without it. Nothing like watching SUV's around here fly past my M3 on city streets @ 20mph over the limit, only to get nailed by Ka-toting moto cops. All the while my V1 is howling.

And it's almost always a soccer mom who was on her cell phone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.