914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Unobtanium-inc
Hey everyone-
I just checked the weather and it is looking like sunny with a high of 69,
sounds just about perfect. Roundtop is a great laid back event to show off your
car or buy/sell parts. I encourage everyone to grab a few boxes of parts to pay
for gas and come on down. The weather is supposed to be nice all weekend so you
can enjoy the ride there and the ride home.

I know I get on my soapbox about this but, WE ARE THE PORSCHE COMMUNITY and
while we don't have the power to change the price of oil, climate change, or fix
the Euro debt crisis, we DO have the power to make a Porsche event fun, but we
have to support.

If anything you can stop by the Unobtanium booth and get a FREE gift bag full of
great stuff like Porsche cars, Factory Shop Towels (Thanks Stoddard), California
Car Dusters, bootleg Messko gauges, lots of great stuff!!!!

http://www.vintagegermanswapmeet.com/

I might even find some time to do some surfing like last year.

Hope to see everyone there!

Adam Wright
Jeffs9146
Pre 75 dry.gif so I guess I can't go confused24.gif

Oh well I can't go anyway, have fun! beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
If I can get free I am planning to come. Its not far at all from York PA.

Zach
Unobtanium-inc
It's free to go, and if yous top by the Unobtanium booth you get a FREE gift bag, a bootleg messko in every bag!
VaccaRabite
I am planning to come up with the family Sat, if the weather is good. My three year old is looking forward to it.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Theo and I are geting ready to head over this morning. Hope to see some of you there. Freaking perfect day for it. Expected sunny with highs in the 70s.

Zach
VaccaRabite
WTF happened to my nice sunny day?!

I stopped by the show for an hour it so with Theo. Stopped by the unobtainium booth but i think you were walking around.

Catching lunch at a diner on the way home. Was nice to see some old aircooled cars even if the show was on the small side.
VaccaRabite
Couple pics from the show.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Theo's favorite car was a cherry red 356 speedster. I liked the silver 914 with the 3+L 6.

The event planners for this event need to take a closer look at the calendar. They planned this event on the same weekend as the All Aircooled Gathering in NJ. Had it been a different weekend, I bet the turnout would have been considerably larger.

I'd love to see this show get bigger. It is in my back yard!

Zach
zymurgist
I would have loved to take the 911 there (and slap a big FOR SALE sign on it), but I got a better offer. Perhaps next time, since it's in my backyard too!
Unobtanium-inc
The date for the meet this year is 9-15-12, hope to see everyone there.

www.vintagegermanswapmeet.com
VaccaRabite
Thanks for letting us know. I'll stick it on my calendar. My son had a great time last year. Hopefully its just a tad warmer then last year. lol.

Zach
type47
I have a double space if anyone wants to display some parts.
VaccaRabite
I may take you up on that. I have stuff that did not sell at Hershey that I would like to part ways with. When I confirm with my wife that I can come, I'll bring a table and pop-tent. Will probably have the boy with me too.

Zach
Unobtanium-inc
I remember talking to Mike Moody, who puts the event on, and one thing he said the show needed more of was 914's, he always hoped a big group of them would show up, so all you guys call your friends, club members, uncles, neighbors, and lets have a whole line of 914's, just like at Hershey.
Unobtanium-inc
Could we ask for more perfect weather for a swap?

I hope to see everyone there for the 10th anniversary of a great Porsche event. Good friends, good deals, and not perfect weather. You have NO EXCUSE not to be there, unless you like rain, don't like Porsches, or good deals on parts.

www.vintagegermanswapmeet.com
HarveyH
I'm thinking of bringing a 916 fiberglass front bumper, anybody interested? It was on the car when I bought it and has been hanging in the garage rafters for 12 years or so now.....

Harvey
Unobtanium-inc
Bring it, someone will want it. See ya there!
type47
icon_bump.gif this weekend!
VaccaRabite
I'll be there.
Unobtanium-inc
Here is an aerial shot so everyone can get an idea of the layout of the swap.

Hope to see everyone there!
zymurgist
Isn't there a good German restaurant right down the road from there? idea.gif
type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 11 2012, 06:38 AM) *

http://germanfoodinpa.com/index.asp

23 mi S. On my way home smile.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 11 2012, 12:12 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 11 2012, 06:38 AM) *

http://germanfoodinpa.com/index.asp

23 mi S. On my way home smile.gif

Show up hungry. The entrees come with soup AND salad AND 2 sides.

Schnitzel - om nom nom nom chowtime.gif
type47
I'm loading up the car starting today and all this week. I'll be famished by dinner time Sat biggrin.gif
Unobtanium-inc
On another food note, the same food vendor that was there last year, with the much improved food from previous years, will be there again this year. Big John and me were really feeling the Cheesesteaks!
crash914
hmmm I have a 74 all in boxes...worth bringing out? doors hood top trunk, etc...want to get rid of it all....any interest?
Unobtanium-inc
It's only $30 for a space, so if you sell one switch you will cover that, I would bring it all out, price is right, and you should be empty handed by the end of the day, that's what the swap is all about, right?

Hope to see you there!
hberwald
Sure! I want it all gone! with some $$ to buy a good German meal on the way home...
saigon71
QUOTE(crash914 @ Sep 12 2012, 05:01 AM) *

hmmm I have a 74 all in boxes...worth bringing out? doors hood top trunk, etc...want to get rid of it all....any interest?

Excellent! This event is only 11 miles from my house. I will be there. In the market for a "rust free" drivers side door. What condition is yours in crash?
hberwald
The doors and other items are '74, white, dirty but I think ok as far as seam rust and filler. I will have a look tonight to confirm....For sure it will need cleaning up..

I also have multiple sets of alloys, Pedrini I think. Complete wiring harness, seats, rack and struts, front and rear...

Unobtanium-inc
I smell a good swap, tell your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!
VaccaRabite
I'll be ther at 8am for the open.
Jim, I can bring a 10x10 pop tent and table. Same we used at Hershey.
I'll have a few shifter knobs, pens, assorted parts for sale.

Wife and children will be visiting during the day. Yay!
Zach
saigon71
QUOTE(hberwald @ Sep 12 2012, 09:50 AM) *

The doors and other items are '74, white, dirty but I think ok as far as seam rust and filler. I will have a look tonight to confirm....For sure it will need cleaning up..

I also have multiple sets of alloys, Pedrini I think. Complete wiring harness, seats, rack and struts, front and rear...

Excellent, my project is a 74 as well. I may be interested in the door, depending on condition. Should be there around 10AM.
crash914
getting ready to load the truck...shop early, shop often and buy stuff....
NOW>>>
VaccaRabite
Looking forward to this tomorrow. I'll be there at 8!
type47
TODAY!!!! Loaded and ready to go driving.gif
VaccaRabite
Great day!
Got there at 8:45 after my alarm failed to wake me up this morning. If my wife had not gotten up at 7:30 I might not have made it there until noon. I was OUT.

Weather was about as nice as you could ask for.
Put my few things down with Jim's and spent most of the day jawing with customers and car nuts. :-)

PICS!
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The show started breaking up around noon. Ken and I headed down to Abbotstown for lunch at Hofbrauhaus. Wanted to get a picture of his 911 there, but the battery on my camera was dead.

Came home, caught a short nap and have a bit of a sunburn. Sold a few things, caught up with some great people. A good day!
VaccaRabite
I wanted to have this is its own post:

Thanks for the goodie bags UNOBTANIUM!!!!

Zach
saigon71
A great day for a swap meet...I nailed that really cool "coon" look that one gets from wearing sunglasses on a sunny day! biggrin.gif

Cheesesteak was awesome, great getting caught up with other members of 914world.

More pics:

jersey914
Looks like turn out was a little soft?
VaccaRabite
It's not a huge event. Couple hundred people, maybe 50 cars.
jersey914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 15 2012, 10:15 PM) *

It's not a huge event. Couple hundred people, maybe 50 cars.

Do you know of any other swap meets that are held around Philly?
zymurgist
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
zymurgist
Click to view attachment
zymurgist
My favorite car of the day. Soft window Targa. Check out the gasburner wheels...

Click to view attachment
type47
QUOTE(jersey914 @ Sep 15 2012, 06:18 PM) *

Do you know of any other swap meets that are held around Philly?

air cooled meet at Flanders, NJ. Going on today (Sun 9/16) in fact.

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com/

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=194379

zymurgist
I don't suppose anyone got pictures of the Hudson..?
VaccaRabite
My camera was dead by the time he got there. Otherwise I would have.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.