Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 2.0 FI doesn't catch - HELP, please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
edrotol
Went 35 miles and back, no problem, started it about 6 times and ran like a top, no problem. At end of trip, car started stalling, I shut it off and then could not start it since then. Battery ok, gas okay, would go through procedure for FI to start, i would hear fuel pump go on as a hum, turn on ignition and for a split second it would try to catch but then shut down. tach needle would go up to 12 o'clock for that split second as if it wants to catch but no go. Numerous times but no go. I though maybe it is not getting any fuel after the ignition. Opened the fuel pump cover in front trunk and found this. Fuel pump assembly is to the right and but you can see and what interest me is the fuel filter - look like rust color on the outside. Is it possible fuel lines, hence fuel filter is clogged that it does not start???? I don't think it is the starter - as it does not have an problem turning over even for that split second. or could it?
Had car for 5 years but do not know whether PO addressed this or that fuel filter has even been changed. I certainly haven't. my bad maybe. I welcome your thoughts.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
I would start at the filter. Try some starting fluid in the intake. That will tell you if fuel is the problem.
dlee6204
agree.gif I'd do a filter change specially since you don't know when it was last replaced. Sounds like a fuel problem.
Dave_Darling
The tach acting weird like that makes it seem like an ignition problem to me.

Time to verify all of the basics: Do you have spark, do you have fuel, do you have compression? Fuel pressure? Etc.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.