Brett W
What order does the 914-6 system run?
-Motor to pump to tank to cooler back to engine
-Motor to tank to engine to cooler back to tank
- Motor to pump to filter to cooler to tank to engine

Trying to figure out the best routing for a 4 cylinder
-motor to pump to filter to cooler back to motor
-motor to pump to filter to engine to cooler back to engine

Yes I realize the 6 is dry sumped. Anybody know what the Other Porsche 4 race motors ran. The SOHC Spyder 4?
J P Stein
Motor, scavenge side of pump, thermo, then either filter/ tank or cooler, filter/tank. The filter is integral to the tank.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Brett W @ Jul 17 2004, 04:46 PM)
Trying to figure out the best routing for a 4 cylinder

there's a goot schematic diagram of the 911 oil system in this month's Panorama.

run engine->filter->cooler

this will help coalesce air bubbles (if any) and help keep trash out of the cooler.
Gint
I just received the July Pano this last week. It's conceivable that you have already received the August edition. I've looked all through the July edition and I don't see an oil flow diagram.

Where is it Rich?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 18 2004, 09:29 AM)
Where is it Rich?

aha. i haven't received my July issue yet, so AFAIK the June issue is still 'this month's issue' :-) ...

June 2004 - p 71. bright red and yellow 962's on the cover from RennSport Reunion-II.

(interestingly, there was a bright purple 962 at this year's WaterFest, held this weekend at Englishtown, NJ. the guys said it probably wouldn't run until 2005, but the parts we could see were immaculately prepared.)
Gint
Yup, there it is. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.