Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CLOSED: I have one one the way.WTB: Dual Relay for 75 L-Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PDXMike
I need a dual relay for a 75 1.8L L-Jet. The part numbers on my dead one are 071 906 059A (VW) and 0 332 514 125 (Bosch). This is the newer version of this part, but I believe the old metal-can one would work too.

Thanks,

Mike
Black22
Pelican parts has them. Not sure I'd trust a used one. You need to find out why your last one gave out before you put another 80-100 dollar part in. I blew mine out because I welded on the car w/o diconnecting the battery. That should give you an idea of what it takes to burn one of these things out.
Al Meredith
I agree, get a new one . They get old and can "drop out" when going over R/R tracks etc.
Jaymann
QUOTE(PDXMike @ Sep 18 2011, 09:08 AM) *

I need a dual relay for a 75 1.8L L-Jet. The part numbers on my dead one are 071 906 059A (VW) and 0 332 514 125 (Bosch). This is the newer version of this part, but I believe the old metal-can one would work too.

Thanks,

Mike

F.Y.I. The new relays have plastic covers,that must be modified to fitt.Also, I think there may be a bosh part # typo in there parts catalog.Make sure you know how many pins your relay has.I would suggest you go with a nos relay with your origianal part # they are tested easy,and they hold up very well.If you get stuck,I will sell you a used one, in good working order.For 40.00 bucks Jason from PA
PDXMike
I sort of killed this one by my own hand, so I don't have much concern about there being some other electrical issue that will burn up a replacement. My car has no engine tray and the relay has been bouncing around inside the engine compartment ever since I bought the car. I knew it was a problem but fixing it never made its way up the priority list. The plastic enclosure was eventually worn through until the PCB was worn away and the insides of the relay are also now corroded.

Whatever I replace it with (new or used) will be mounted securely out of the way.

Thanks,

Mike

QUOTE(Jaymann @ Sep 20 2011, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(PDXMike @ Sep 18 2011, 09:08 AM) *

Thanks,

Mike

F.Y.I. The new relays have plastic covers,that must be modified to fitt.Also, I think there may be a bosh part # typo in there parts catalog.Make sure you know how many pins your relay has.I would suggest you go with a nos relay with your origianal part # they are tested easy,and they hold up very well.If you get stuck,I will sell you a used one, in good working order.For 40.00 bucks Jason from PA

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.