Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Gem!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 22 2011, 10:07 PM) *
frankly I'm disappointed that you failed to take up the actual argument of my post:

Really? See, i try to only talk when i have something to say. In the case of your "argument", i have nothing of value to add, so i didn't.

I did, however, have something to say about your obvious misconception on how advertising works on this site.

shades.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2011, 11:45 AM) *

we are running the risk of losing Asshat status

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... no. You're good there. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Prospectfarms
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 23 2011, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 22 2011, 10:07 PM) *
frankly I'm disappointed that you failed to take up the actual argument of my post:

Really? See, i try to only talk when i have something to say. In the case of your "argument", i have nothing of value to add, so i didn't.

I did, however, have something to say about your obvious misconception on how advertising works on this site.

shades.gif

I need clarification about my "obvious misconception."

Is your point that you have no control over who runs banner ads? I'm skeptical. It is a good thing to channel advertisement revenue to charity but that doesn't mean that a relationship isn't created between the advertiser and the site. They must pay to run an add, even if they do not pay the site directly. In that instance, are you supporting the vendor or is the vendor supporting you? Neither?

More importantly, the subject of this discussion is a member. It should be obvious that the same rules apply to everyone no matter how poor their behavior, especially if the behavior is off-site. Why wouldn't you have anything to say about an issue that is directly related to the forum rules which I cited in a previous post, and are reproduced below?

I don't think any individual posts were wrong. I do think that there is a limit to collective bagging under the rules. Maybe this is a bad example. Emotion is high because of the history here, but the underlying question remains.

###

We don't like rules, but hey, you gotta have a few and we want 914World to be a friendly place where people come to chat about cars and life, so here they are.

* Racism doesn't have a place at 914World.

* Don't call anyone names. Treat other members like your mother taught you - If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

* We like everyone to be able to have their voice, so we won't edit, delete or lock a thread or post unless it's just gotta be done. Keep yer dirty pictures in the Sandbox, too. We'll do our best to send you a PM before we clean up yer messes.

* We hope you use our classifieds, but the 914World team can't be responsible for the actions of buyers and sellers. Remember the latin "Caveat Emptor"... (translation: let the buyer beware.)

* Please, let's not talk about Politics & Religion. Wars have been fought for years and years because of Politics and Religion, so let's keep 'em out of 914World.

* Remember keep yer dirty pictures in the Sandbox. Yes, this includes avatars and pictures in signatures.

* We welcome your off topic posts, but please label your post so it's obvious (begin your topic with "OT:").

The 914World Admin team.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 23 2011, 10:50 AM) *
Is your point that you have no control over who runs banner ads?

I don't recall saying that ... confused24.gif
Prospectfarms
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 23 2011, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 23 2011, 10:50 AM) *
Is your point that you have no control over who runs banner ads?

I don't recall saying that ... confused24.gif

Respectfully, I can say to you, "of course not." Nor did I "obviously misconceive" that any person paid 914world some money for advertising. Both parties to that transaction however receive something, even if it is as intangible as "good-will," and that qualifies as "support" under my definition.

Doesn't mean anyone gets a pass for bad acting, or anything else, but I mentioned it to convey that there might be some good or beneficial qualities within an individual who was then receiving a ration of S---.

I benefit from consumer beware information. Piling-on makes me uncomfortable.
carr914
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 23 2011, 01:50 PM) *

We don't like rules, but hey, you gotta have a few and we want 914World to be a friendly place where people come to chat about cars and life, so here they are.

* Don't call anyone names. Treat other members like your mother taught you - If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

* We like everyone to be able to have their voice, so we won't edit, delete or lock a thread or post unless it's just gotta be done. Keep yer dirty pictures in the Sandbox, too. We'll do our best to send you a PM before we clean up yer messes.

* We hope you use our classifieds, but the 914World team can't be responsible for the actions of buyers and sellers. Remember the latin "Caveat Emptor"... (translation: let the buyer beware.)

* Please, let's not talk about Politics & Religion. Wars have been fought for years and years because of Politics and Religion, so let's keep 'em out of 914World.

* Remember keep yer dirty pictures in the Sandbox. Yes, this includes avatars and pictures in signatures.

* We welcome your off topic posts, but please label your post so it's obvious (begin your topic with "OT:").

The 914World Admin team.

I don't see a single Rule that was broken!

1. No Racism

2 No one called anyone a Name except for us AssHats calling each other out

3. No Politics or Religon

4.No Dirty Pictures (Damn)

r_towle
let me help this thread along.
mojorisen914
popcorn[1].gif

ILBT
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 23 2011, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 23 2011, 01:50 PM) *

The 914World Admin team.

I don't see a single Rule that was broken!

1. No Racism

2 No one called anyone a Name except for us AssHats calling each other out

3. No Politics or Religon

4.No Dirty Pictures (Damn)

(Yep, can't help it if the truth hurts, if anyone else had been ripping people off & flat out screwing other 914 owners, they would be called out. And as proven here, this isn't hearsay as many here have 1st hand burns, some going back to the 80s stromberg.gif and the e-Bay ads are real, and clearly designed to deceive people who don’t know any better, a tactic this vendor has used for decades.

You really don't want to piss these guys off either..
Click to view attachment
76-914
Ron called me a Red Neck in Ouray. I'm telling. slap.gif Seriously, chill. George is a big boy and can address any issues he may or may not have with this thread. Myself, I appreciate any warnings that I get re: doubious dealings. You may remember that Terry got ragged on big time a few weeks ago. We're just a collection of guys and gals sharing a similar passion. I guess somewhere along the way a camaraderie began and the result is that sometimes we get a little overzealous in protecting one another. grouphug.gif This is just another one of those times. Don't blow a head gasket. beerchug.gif
'73-914kid
Umm, Kent... Type 4's dont have headgaskets.... poke.gif
Dave_Darling
I would call the "sealing rings" that they came with originally head gaskets.

Though many or most nowadays leave them out, there are still plenty of motors out there with them in.

Oh, and ILBT.

--DD
r_towle
more
Series9
I want to say that I love this group. Thank you so much to Andy and Mark for holding this thing together for all this time.

I want to advertise here and I also enjoy giving to charity. However, until the management of this site can acknowledge the truth about AA and ban George from taking advantage of our members, I will not participate in advertising here.

I don't know how much you have to see from AA before your head may be withdrawn from your collective ass, but it's about time we put the AA criminal enterprise OUT OF FUCKING BUSINESS!

Andy, Mark, I love you guys. Really.
Series9
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 23 2011, 07:13 PM) *

Umm, Kent... Type 4's dont have headgaskets.... poke.gif

Hey Youngin', Every single type IV came with head gaskets.
scotty b
QUOTE(Series9 @ Sep 23 2011, 04:51 PM) *

I want to say that I love this group. Thank you so much to Andy and Mark for holding this thing together for all this time.

I want to advertise here and I also enjoy giving to charity. However, until the management of this site can acknowledge the truth about AA and ban George from taking advantage of our members, I will not participate in advertising here.

I don't know how much you have to see from AA before your head may be withdrawn from your collective ass, but it's about time we put the AA criminal enterprise OUT OF FUCKING BUSINESS!

Andy, Mark, I love you guys. Really.

idea.gif 3-4 businesses donating to charity is much better than one right ?

Someone call Monty Hall and let's make a deal !!!! biggrin.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 23 2011, 12:31 AM) *

Just FYI, all proceeds from advertising here on 914world go 100% to charity.
shades.gif

Now that's pretty damn cool.

The best 914 site in the world and its free for us and benefits charities.

beerchug.gif
Series9
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 23 2011, 09:08 PM) *

The best 914 site in the world...

beerchug.gif

True that.
Dr Evil
Its unfortunate that no matter how hard you try, when you deal with people it is hard to avoid politics. sad.gif

The best group of people ANYWHERE are here, without doubt smile.gif
Prospectfarms
My eyes... they are burning....

Ron, more breasts please.

I surrender.
wingnut86
...from a more genteel time in America happy11.gif

Marilyn Monroe from "...Some Like It Hot..."

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Sep 23 2011, 09:09 PM) *

...from a more genteel time in America happy11.gif

Marilyn Monroe from "...Some Like It Hot..."

yikes.gif drooley.gif stones.gif wub.gif
SCV
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 22 2011, 11:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 21 2011, 07:11 PM) *
Besides, I believe that operation supports this one through advertising.

Just FYI, all proceeds from advertising here on 914world go 100% to charity.

In fact, we never even deal with the money. The advertisers send us a copy of the receipt from the charity for the agreed amount and we run their Ad.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=81132

shades.gif

Very cool, SirAndy. Thank you.

More please, r_towle. ILBT and IBTL.

-S
76-914
WOW! I had no idea that you guys donated your services and donate $$ to charities. You guys are my hereos. No shit. As usual, the do gooders remain silent and in the background until exposed. Thank you for this site and all your hard work. It's very important to all of us. But more than anything else I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being "good" men and supporting these charities. wub.gif
Series9
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 24 2011, 10:34 AM) *

WOW! I had no idea that you guys donated your services and donate $$ to charities. You guys are my hereos. No shit. As usual, the do gooders remain silent and in the background until exposed. Thank you for this site and all your hard work. It's very important to all of us. But more than anything else I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being "good" men and supporting these charities. wub.gif

agree.gif I didn't know either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.