Click to view attachment
Ferg
laugh.gif screwy.gif
jimkelly
i can't find the button to pay more than the asking price : (((
jsayre914
It came off of this low milage car.
bozo914
Ya buys'em books and they just don't learn. Looks suspisciously like other "gems" from this source. Maybe someone might buy it...
RiqueMar
You guys are all idiots. You forgot to factor in the price increase for OEM parts.

God! slap.gif
phillstek
These people have no shame. Are they for real? They're taking the piss right?

Phil
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 21 2011, 02:51 PM) *

Ferg,

Why would you want new brake lines, when for just $10 more (plus $7 shipping) you can get 'original' brake lines?

Click to view attachment
Scott S
Boy - there are some gems in that "store". I like these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Set-4-Origi...=item1c1bb9d8ab

To quote one of my favorite movies, "she's a 'bute Clark!"
Ferg
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 21 2011, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 21 2011, 02:51 PM) *

Ferg,

Why would you want new brake lines, when for just $10 more (plus $7 shipping) you can get 'original' brake lines?

Click to view attachment

New brake lines are way overrated blink.gif lol-2.gif shades.gif Wonder if he has any good used fluid dry.gif crap, he's likely watching, gave him an idea, now some poor employee is going to have to drain MC's this evening. popcorn[1].gif
BajaXJ92
I wonder if he'll knock $5 off for 914world members confused24.gif
poorsche914
The disclaimer:

We try our best to examine them carefully but with the large number we list, we cannot always get it right.

blink.gif
Rand
So....hard....not...to..comment. Biting lip. Ow.
Some things will never change. Sigh.
avidfanjpl
What was that PT Barnum line?

One born every minute?

Not me. Not today.

I am waiting for Saint 914Rubber to cast ones that can be plated. Both sides!

He and I talked, and he isn't planning to do so, so the only game in town for new chromed is that high priced spread from the sellers in Pasadena. 135 is way sick each.

J
Ferg
page one of ebay feedback

Item is a fake fuchs wheel.
Member id xxxxxxxxx ( Feedback Score Of 198Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
Jul-07-11 14:59

Reply by auto-atlanta (Jul-09-11 05:54):
Sorry sir I had no idea the wheel was a replica. I sell used parts.

The Dr was Duped!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 21 2011, 03:01 PM) *

New brake lines are way overrated blink.gif lol-2.gif shades.gif Wonder if he has any good used fluid dry.gif crap, he's likely watching, gave him an idea, now some poor employee is going to have to drain MC's this evening. popcorn[1].gif

Holy crap Ferg! You were right!

Click to view attachment

MoveQik
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 21 2011, 03:21 PM) *

Member id xxxxxxxxx ( Feedback Score Of 198Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)

The Dr was Duped!

A guy that can't tell the difference between a real or fake Fuch asks to be known as Dr. 914???? I must be a fuching brain surgeon in this little ladder of 914 knowledge!!
wingnut86
...at least it takes the heat off the rest of us toothless, banjo strumming trailer trash!

Geez, includes a premixed tube of "insert your favorite metalurgical wonder-poxy"

Guess I better go break open all my past small parts purchases of those hard to find parts.
headbang.gif
biggy72
I bought a distributor a couple weeks ago hoping to at least use it for parts. I bought it for $.01 and the shipping and handling was about $10. The guy had good feedback on about 150 items.

Well I sent money right away. Never got a response. I sent several emails and finally had to start a claim through ebay. I finally got my money back the other day, but I would have sure liked my $10.01 distributor...
76-914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 21 2011, 03:21 PM) *

The Dr was Duped!

Ya got me reading that shit Ferg. Did you notice that 2 of the green positive comments were actually pissed off customers. They probably pushed the wrong key. sheeplove.gif I am in awe!!!!!!!
Prospectfarms
Ok, now it's time for the "why can't we all get along" speech, for what its worth:

I'm not impressed by that vendor and any seller that doesn't do right deserves public criticism. The evidence of ebay ahabbiness is irrefutable and its good that someone is calling the miscreant to account. I am a little put off, however, about the tone of the criticism I've seen here and in other threads. Its over the top.

I have purchased a few things from that vendor that I couldn't find anywhere else. Moreover, I cannot forget that the market for 914 parts and accessories is closed -- they are not making the cars anymore -- so I am in favor of having as many vendors as possible selling the stuff, even the not-so-savory one's. Merchandise is a funny business and there is a critical mass of suppliers just as there is of customer. It may also be that he is serving a useful purpose in our 914world, even if it is only to be a negative example for all the reputable vendors.

Besides, I believe that operation supports this one through advertising.

Can't we tone it down, just a notch, on that person?

Krank
There is this little item thou', called truth in advertising. One would think that as a vendor, they would at least try to be in the same book let alone in the same chapter of truth. And I just made a purchase, now I worry.
carr914
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 21 2011, 10:11 PM) *

I doubt it, he deserves everything thrown at him.

I'm just glad that he is not on this Forum anymore

popcorn[1].gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Sep 21 2011, 02:58 PM) *

"Original"? Maybe, but not "Original Porsche" Maybe Chevy, whatever, but they have a taper seat, not a ball seat. These ads tend to be more lies than anything.

The Cap'n
7TPorsh
Really? Honestly! Geez!

Previous feedback on ebay seller

Item is a fake fuchs wheel. Buyer: 2429carlosm ( 198) Jul-07-11 14:59

Used Porsche 911 914 944 Fuch 7 X 15 wheel (#120722879103) US $200.00
monkeyboy
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 21 2011, 07:11 PM) *

Ok, now it's time for the "why can't we all get along" speech, for what its worth:

I'm not impressed by that vendor and any seller that doesn't do right deserves public criticism. The evidence of ebay ahabbiness is irrefutable and its good that someone is calling the miscreant to account. I am a little put off, however, about the tone of the criticism I've seen here and in other threads. Its over the top.

I have purchased a few things from that vendor that I couldn't find anywhere else. Moreover, I cannot forget that the market for 914 parts and accessories is closed -- they are not making the cars anymore -- so I am in favor of having as many vendors as possible selling the stuff, even the not-so-savory one's. Merchandise is a funny business and there is a critical mass of suppliers just as there is of customer. It may also be that he is serving a useful purpose in our 914world, even if it is only to be a negative example for all the reputable vendors.

Thank you... It's a little off putting that they love to bash here so much...

Of course attacks against a member is against the rules, but they seem to forget that when it's him.
biggy72
I sold a similar fog light grill on ebay not long ago with a starting price of $1. It ended at about $25. The picture I had was similar to this one where you can easily see what is wrong with it. With that in mind I don't think the ad is that bad... but I can't stick up for the lug nut one.
JawjaPorsche
That is hilarious! Lug Nuts! Original on a low mileage 914!

This guy does not have clue.

QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Sep 21 2011, 05:58 PM) *

JawjaPorsche
Watch that comment about banjo strumming! smile.gif I live about ten miles from where they filmed "Deliverance!" If the wind is blowing just right, I can hear the banjos!

QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Sep 21 2011, 07:09 PM) *

...at least it takes the heat off the rest of us toothless, banjo strumming trailer trash!

Geez, includes a premixed tube of "insert your favorite metalurgical wonder-poxy"

Guess I better go break open all my past small parts purchases of those hard to find parts.
headbang.gif

Elliot Cannon
"Tone it down a notch"? Why bother? It's so much easier to sit behind your keyboard and rip someone. It's not like you're actually face to face and in danger of actually talking to a live person who might argue back with an immediate response to your criticisms, accusations and remarks.
DblDog
...a little better...for 30 bucks, I'll ship it AND throw in a bone!

Click to view attachment
racerbvd
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Sep 22 2011, 09:19 AM) *

Of course attacks against a member is against the rules, but they seem to forget that when it's him.

When you have conned, burned, flat Fuched over as many 914 owners over the years (some after giving them a 2nd chance a decade later, thinking that vendor changed) as them this vendor has, and there have been face to faces with him, I for one am surprised he is still walking..
KELTY360
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Sep 22 2011, 09:19 AM) *

Aw c'mon, where's your sense of humor. Don't you know those ads aren't really serious. I mean, a self proclaimed expert in all things 914 would never........what's that.........hmmmm......never mind.

Do you know how hard it is to maintain a 93.8% positive rating? smash.gif

smg914
It's been many, many months since I last visited the World Garage. Unfortunately this evening I had a weak moment and decided to log on and see what's going on.
I must say my lower jaw about fell to the floor when I opened this thread and saw the same juvenile behavior going on. I guess my words of wisdom many, many months ago fell on deaf ears.

I'm going to take a long shot here and give you (you know who you are) few more words of wisdom Worth Remembering: "To speak ill of another is a dishonest way of praising yourself"

Ya know, I was just thinking, "Other than meeting my wife back in 1972 (got married in 1980), purchasing my first 914 back in 1973 was probably the best decision I ever made in my life". I know that sounds stupid but looking back at the last 38 years and how things turned out and where I am at this point of my life,.........it's just a fact. And for me, that's a quote worth remembering.

Oh and before I log off.....Hey Gustl....congrats on winning COTM. That is one beautiful 6.
Spoke
I don't mean to bash but for these items to be put for sale by AA is unforgivable. It's ok if you call something junk and sell it as junk, but it's not ok to call stuff good when it obviously is not.

I buy stuff here because sellers call it like it is. If a bumper has a dent, they take a pic of it and say it is so. If something is good, they say it and charge for it.

The worst part is basically that AA is one of the two main 914 new parts suppliers in the US along with PP. If some private dude was selling this junk, that's one thing; but for AA to be selling it and calling it good is unbelievable.
Dr Evil
popcorn[1].gif IBTL
Valy
Sorry, couldn't hold myself.

There must be a racing history or something behind the used part. Maybe it's an original from a very limited LE or maybe from the extremely rare BS model!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Used-origin...d0#ht_500wt_771

http://www.autoatlanta.com/detail.php?part...l_number=340542

SirAndy

Just FYI, all proceeds from advertising here on 914world go 100% to charity.

In fact, we never even deal with the money. The advertisers send us a copy of the receipt from the charity for the agreed amount and we run their Ad.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=81132

shades.gif
Prospectfarms
Raise you sunglasses all you care to Andy, frankly I'm disappointed that you failed to take up the actual argument of my post: bad merchants should be outed, but that is not an excuse for abusive or excessive criticism on a board about cars.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=506729
MoveQik
QUOTE(smg914 @ Sep 22 2011, 07:24 PM) *

I'm going to take a long shot here and give you (you know who you are) few more words of wisdom Worth Remembering: "To speak ill of another is a dishonest way of praising yourself"

Complete horse shit.

We are not a bunch of monks on this site. If someone is dishonest time and time again and we call them on it, that does not make us the bad guy. In fact, it is the other way around.
carr914
QUOTE(smg914 @ Sep 22 2011, 10:24 PM) *

It's been many, many months since I last visited the World Garage. Unfortunately this evening I had a weak moment and decided to log on and see what's going on.
I must say my lower jaw about fell to the floor when I opened this thread and saw the same juvenile behavior going on.

Steve, you're my friend so please don't take this the wrong way

1. Did you look at those Stupid eBays Ads or just look at us Bashing George?

2. It has been said before, if someone doesn't like reading "George Bashing Threads", they don't have to open the thread or close it before reading it through. No need for anybody getting in a Huff.

3. Some of us are Juveniles and Proud of it - that is why there is the AssHat Society!

4. I thought it was a little Juvenile of you to quit hanging here on the World after George was given a (deserved) Time-Out. You are the most knowledgable 914 Guy I know ( George is way down the list) and WE did Vote you in as COTM twice.

5. I hope you like the sound of Crickets on the other Site

6. Did you know that RoadGlue is part of this site now?
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 22 2011, 10:54 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif IBTL

agree.gif
MDG

. . . words of wisdom Worth Remembering: "To speak ill of another is a dishonest way of praising yourself"

Personally, I think this more applicable,

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive!"
Sir Walter Scott
Prospectfarms
QUOTE(MDG @ Sep 23 2011, 10:06 AM) *

. . . words of wisdom Worth Remembering: "To speak ill of another is a dishonest way of praising yourself"

Sir Walter Scott

Extra credit for the correct attribution, MDG.

I like, Res Ipsa Loquitur : "The thing speaks for itself." Describing a person's actions is usually sufficient to prove their intention.
MDG
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Sep 23 2011, 10:38 AM) *

QUOTE(MDG @ Sep 23 2011, 10:06 AM) *

Sir Walter Scott

Extra credit for the correct attribution, MDG.

I like, Res Ipsa Loquitur : "The thing speaks for itself." Describing a person's actions is usually sufficient to prove their intention.

Nice. But careful, Stuart; we are running the risk of losing Asshat status.

RiqueMar
Think about it this way, kids. The first post wasn't even negative, it was just a link to an ebay add. In my opinion, it says something about your person/business practices when, at the very sight of your ebay user name, you have former buyers up in arms.

There comes a point when you have pissed off enough people, that it's no longer 'shit talking' or 'bashing' it's simply the truth.

IBTL
zymurgist
ILBT (but I'm at work so I'm not googling them)
Eric_Shea
we are running the risk of losing Asshat status

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... no. You're good there. biggrin.gif

"To speak ill of another is a dishonest way of praising yourself"

I'll let "his" words do the talking... as mentioned, they speak for themselves.

Why? I view this as a large family of car-crazies that share a unique passion. If I know of someone who is about to steal your (all of you) car or your money, I will warn you about it and... I sleep well at night.

As Enrique mentions; I said nothing of your friend and employer(?) in my post. Again, those words are all his.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.