Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Bursch exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Rookie
I was installing a Bursch exhaust on my '75 2.0 today and everything was going fine until I started bolting it up and realized that I either had to take the Catalytic converter off the old system or install the Cat bypass tube that is offered. My question is... will the bypass tube be better than using the old catalytic converter and will this have a negative effect on performance/back-pressure ?. Thanks.

Greg
Joe Bob
Use the bypass unless you need it to pass smog check.
914Rookie
I do need it to pass smog... so I guess it's time to take apart the original exhaust ( something I didn't want to do ), and get this thing installed. Thanks.

Greg
Allan
Why do you need to pass smog. According to the DMV web site, '75 and older no longer need it. mueba.gif

"How old does a vehicle have to be to qualify for a smog exemption?

Vehicles with a year model 30 years old or older are exempt from the smog certification requirements.

Example: The calendar year is 2004- 29 = 1975 exempt year model

The current calendar year minus 29 equals the year model exempt from smog certification.

Note: Hybrid vehicles that use both gasoline and electricity are exempt from smog certification until 2011
it.

Check it out at www.dmv.ca.gov
914Rookie
I think I'll take a drive over to the DMV this week. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.