Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm I missing something here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Putting on the CV's, which are rebuilt (possibly upgraded? confused24.gif ), and I noticed these don't have the slots for the roll pins? Can I just take off this top part and drill and insert the roll pins?

Also, these look to be different CV's, as all the other ones I have in my possesion only have 4 holes for the bolts on the axle side, and these have 6 holes?? What the hell?

I swear, it's always 'something' when I move onto a new section of my car.

IPB Image
messix
dowls
RiqueMar
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 23 2011, 12:24 PM) *

dowls

oooooooooooh gotcha
JRust
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 23 2011, 12:24 PM) *

dowls

Yeah the dowls are just out of them. Probably stuck on the tranny side. Look right to me besides
TheCabinetmaker
Hard to tell from the pics, but all the holes look to be the same size. I also don't see the machined lip for the gasket to set in. Could that be a type I cv? Is the cv on backwards? Is that even possible?
scotty b
EARLY 911's had 6 bolt cv's. Might want to keep that in mind too. Eric could probably tell how how to positively ID them
SLITS
6 bolts ... 911

Measure the bar length ... It will be less than 20" if they are stock 911. (bar length = the length of the actual CV beam, not counting the CV joint)

Can't remember the diameter of the CV joint, but I want to say on the order of 104-108 mm. Probably wrong on that one.

Check the fit against your transmission flange unless they been changed to 911). I assume you went 5 lug ... if they rear hubs are 914 redrilled, the splining on the axle stub will be different.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 23 2011, 06:46 PM) *

6 bolts ... 911

Measure the bar length ... It will be less than 20" if they are stock 911. (bar length = the length of the actual CV beam, not counting the CV joint)

Can't remember the diameter of the CV joint, but I want to say on the order of 104-108 mm. Probably wrong on that one.

Check the fit against your transmission flange unless they been changed to 911). I assume you went 5 lug ... if they rear hubs are 914 redrilled, the splining on the axle stub will be different.

My rears hubs are redrilled for 5-lug, however, the splines fit directly in.

idea.gif Upgraded axles and CV's???
mskala
Pic of all 911 types from other board:

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
Wow! That's a great photo and break down!

Checking now!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 24 2011, 01:09 PM) *

Wow! That's a great photo and break down!

Checking now!

CV's are 32 Width 94 diameter, early 911 CV's. I'm thinking the axles are 914 though? They have a VW stamp on the end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.