Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tail light drectional problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
The left hand side lights and diectionals work great, the right side has a problem. With head lights off the rear diectional flashes fine, except the running light glows very dull, not blinking, untill I turn the dirctional off it goes out. With headlights on the directional blinks very slow. Sounds like a short but were should I start my detective work? (I replaced the light and hazard switch already).
Dave_Darling
Sounds like a grounding issue. Check the ground wires for the turn signal--it sounds as if the signal is grounding through the side marker. Check the connections in the bulb sockets as well!

--DD
ruddyboys
I thought the same , had an extra tail light and hooked it up and the same problem. I also tried a ground wire from a reliable source and connected it, same problem. I was thinking of trying a jumper wire from the hazard sw to the tail light to se if the wire is bad.
94teener
Make sure the BK/GR wire that feeds the right side turn signal is not connected to the right side parking light instead of the turn signal. You might have the BK/GR wire interchanged with the GY/RD wire that feeds the right parking light.

btw, a high flash rate would indicate a high load current, a low flash rate indicates a low load
current.

Good luck with fixing it.

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.