Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem Starting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914guy
Hello All~
Well I was up until 4:30am last night, but I can proudly say that the engine is in the car biggrin.gif I connected all of the FI wires, double checked that all of my hoses were connected, poured about 2 gallons of fresh gas in the tank, went to turn the key and ............... NOTHING!!??!?!?!?

I get all of the lights on in the car, the battery is fully charged and the ground strap is connected, it just seems like there is no power to the starter. I triple checked all of my wiring and everything appears to be okay.

The one thing that could be the source of my problem, is the clutch and shift linkage are not hooked up, although the car is in Neutral and the clutch is depressed all the way to the floor. I am hopefully going to find shifter bushings and a new clutch cable in Hershey on Saturday I assumed any sensors would have been engaged with the clutch in that position.

Could the clutch be my problem, does anyone have any other ideas??

Thanks,
~Eric
Mueller
The car could care less about the linkage and all the other shifter parts.

Do you have voltage at the starter?

Do you have voltage at the big yellow wire going to the starter when the key is turned? You can check this at the starter or the relay board.
Lawrence
Did you check your transmission ground strap? I always seem to forget that one.

-Rusty
Gint
Do the 75's have the seatbelt interlock relay?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.