Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 914 bumper removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschefile2010
Hi. Can anyone give me an idea as to how to get the rubber cover off. I have done the obvious-the screws underneath but there is obviously more to it. I have searched the site but maybe "bumper" is the wrong terminology. Thanks. Richard
PancakePorsche
Have you slid bumper off shocks after removing the two bolts ? Once off, you can see all the screws and plastic fasteners that hold the cover on.
70_914
There is a lip on the bumper that hooks to the support underneath, across the top of the bumper. I wasn't worried too much about mine and just grabbed and yanked...
porschefile2010
There were four self tapping screws underneath which I have removed and I have peeled off the rubber right long the bottom and the top but it seems to be fastened internally somehow.
porschefile2010
Got it thanks guys. As Pancakeporsche said it was just a case of sliding the whole assembly off the bumper irons. So all done. Thanks a lot. Now for the clean up.
johannes
Now you can remove all the overweight ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=89595

76-914
I'm not sure if you are planning to put that rubber cover back on but if you do, do it on a hot day in the sun. It's kinda of like trying to stretch a knats ass over a rain barrel.
porschefile2010
Thanks for that. It's a bit cold down here at the moment. Maybe I could bath it in warm/hot water for a while. Better tell the missus first though I reckon. Wouldn't want her to walk into the bathroom and seeing that thing lying there. thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.