Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help mounting Clutch/pressure plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bill Meyer
I'm bolting down this pressure plate here and something doesn't seem right. As you can see the bolt face goes into the recess on the flywheel. It doesn't hit, but your socket starts slipping since it starts hitting the flywheel. I suppose I can tighten it down carefully with a wrench, but I don't remember this issue when taking it off the old motor.

Confused??...

underthetire
Yep, been there. Get your flywheel machined recently?
proto31
Use allen bolts, make sure that they are 10.9 hardened...
Bill Meyer
As a matter of fact it was machined, that explains it, duh... Good idea on the allen bolts.

Thanks guys!! beerchug.gif

QUOTE(proto31 @ Sep 29 2011, 04:25 PM) *

Use allen bolts, make sure that they are 10.9 hardened...

Mike D.
I have a hardened 13mm for impact wrench that "machined" down around the edge just for this purpose.
76-914
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Sep 29 2011, 03:32 PM) *

I have a hardened 13mm for impact wrench that "machined" down around the edge just for this purpose.

agree.gif What he said. Except my machining was hillbilly; done on a grinder:beer2:
Mike D.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 29 2011, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike D. @ Sep 29 2011, 03:32 PM) *

agree.gif What he said. Except my machining was hillbilly; done on a grinder beerchug.gif

Mine too, thats why "machined" is in quotes. beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
If it's that deep, I certainly wouldn't use it. You can't shim the release bearing ball out far enough to make the arm move properly, not to mention clutch disc hub to flywheel bolt clearance.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.